Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 10/27
TLDR: Major Changes This Build (10/27):
- NEW THIS WEEK CTF-Outside
- Network prediction system now enabled by default, lots of fixes for it.
- Lots of Bot AI improvements
- Lots of misc. fixes.
CTF-Outside new this week!
- Updated lifts (meshes, sounds)
- Replaced armor with helmet (deleted old helmet)
- Moved armor to old health location next to bio
- Replaced lower level elevator between shock/mini with jump pad
- Added jump pad to lower level of flak room leading to highest level
- Shifted some health around and added two new 25s
- Tweaked post settings
- Increased flak jump pad distance/travel time
- Widened flak room ceiling
- Added lift jump exits
- Performance optimizations
- Rebuilt lighting
- Updated lifts (new meshes, sounds)
- Tweaked sneaky sewer transition space
- Added extra pulse
- Rebuilt after jump pad changes
- Worked around engine bug preventing UT specific user settings from being applied at startup.
- Fixed sound class hierarchy so the sound sliders work again
- Fix for the Max # of players showing up wrong in the browser.
- Fixed crash second time opening the create game dialog if it happens quickly enough after closing the first one.
- Merged GitHub pull request #89 by jay43k: Editable Mouse Sensitivity box and Control Settings style / format updates.
- Fixed some settings not saved correctly in the cloud profile.
- Added placeholder bot skill slider to the Create Game dialog.
- Fixed dialogs popping up behind the main menu.
- Fixed crash if crosshair is pointing at a player when they leave the game.
- Toasts no longer steal mouse input.
- More Lobby work in progress.
- Added Reconnect to the mid game menu.
- Fixed menus not return mouse focus to the game when closing.
- Made the password box on the login dialog auto-click OK when you press enter.
- Fixed SUWDialog crash if you Shift-Tab too much.
- Link proj has zero extent collision against world.
- Fixed projectile PawnOverlapSphere not colliding with pawns.
- Fixed some weapon effects bugs.
- Fixed enforcer burst fire timing bug.
- Sniper display name fixed.
- Fixed rare sniper zoom crash.
- Fixed rare ToggleTranslocator() crash.
- Added a clamp to the maximum number of hit effects alive at once based on maximum lifetime, so bursts of effects don't plummet the framerate until they time out.
- Fixed link beam causing blood.
- Reduced momentum boost from bio glob.
- Fixed lift restarting from the bottom when it was on it's way up with a pawn already based on it and a second one basing on it
- Lifts gib ragdolls instead of being blocked by them.
- Lifts block projectiles and flags.
- Flags now attach properly to lifts, don't fall through them.
- Fixed bioshot sticking to lifts properly.
- Translocator disk works correctly with lifts.
- Initial bot combat logic
- Hooked up bots shooting at feet with splash weapons, projectile leading, headshots.
- Fixed some bugs in combat movement
- Implemented bot hearing and bots updating their health model of an enemy when that enemy visibly takes damage and/or picks up health/armor in hearing/sight range.
- First pass rocket launcher AI
- Fixed some issues with bots targeting enemies
- Improved bot enemy selection logic and added very basic hunting behavior
- Added navigation to Circuit and Focus
- Navigation fixes for DeckTest, SidCastle, and Spacer.
- Fixed crash with AI and bio rifle
- Improved synchronization of replayed moves on client. This will reduce noticeable movement corrections at higher pings.
- Ping Prediction system now enabled by default. Can turn off using Predict 0 in the console (Predict 160 to re-enable).
- Save updated desired prediction ping when use Predict console command.
- Improved projectile synchronization with net prediction.
- Fixed issues with transdisk prediction.
- Improved translocator teleportation. If using net prediction, client side teleport player on translocate.
- Fixed sniper tracer with net prediction.
- All rockets show when firing loaded rockets with net prediction on and ping above 160. Second and third rocket do not have client side fake projectiles.
- Fixed shock combo issues with net prediction.
- Teleporters now work client-side.
- Delay hitscan effects appropriately on high ping clients with prediction.
- Hack fix for a window when shock combos might not register with net prediction on.
- Mac fixes, including fixing skeletal meshes on Macs with Nvidia cards running OS X 10.10
- Adjusted engine to let UT run dedicated servers from the game executable
- Prototype run dedicated server from the menu on game builds, deprecate listen servers from the menu
- Removed unnecessary check that was annoying for mutators.
- Disabled tiled deferred rendering in UT (performance improvement).
- Fixed infinite slide/dodging along same wall.
- Don't allow dodging while emoting.
- Replaced all Status Announcer sounds with Female Announcer from UT2004.
- Fixed not being able to respawn in CTF overtime
- Allow CTF advantage time on match end if the cap would affect the outcome; fixed no halftime delay after an advantage situation.
- Improved advantage messaging.
- Fixed the end game (and end half) focus in CTF
- Fixed TeamWithAdvantage returning the wrong team index
- Set bEntryPain false by default for UTPainVolume, so slime doesn't kill you so fast when you are swimming along surface.
- Fully fixed maintaining relative view rotation through teleporters.
- Default to behindview when spectating
- Merged fix for level with no playerstarts and addition of Say/TeamSay to controls menu
- Tweaked the red team color slightly for visibility
- Improved shield belt hit effects
- Modify PackageCookedDir to support cooking client platforms only
- Fixed footsteps after dead when gibbed.
- Fixed local character being able to be gibbed repeatedly while in death camera.
- Fixed dead characters sometimes holding an arbitrary other weapon that was in its inventory and not thrown.
- Fixed a rare character death crash that resulted from projectile overlap/damage recursion.
- Games in PIE never end to make Nick happy!
- First pass of character mesh LODs
- Workaround for config property replication engine bug.