Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 11/21
TLDR: Major Changes This Build (11/21):
- Upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.6 preview. Fixed a lot of issues related to upgrade, there may be more fall out (Help us by testing and reporting issues!).
- New asymmetric CTF map CTF-Crashsite!
- Dual Enforcers! (thanks HiroP713)
- Improved bio web functionality, with new faster bio glob overcharge to web.
- Stinger shards (alt-fire) now remain imbedded in walls for a short time, block players.
- Translocator functionality updates.
CTF-CrashSite new this week!
- Tweaks to bases
- Fixed water in CTF-Blank blocking weapons fire
- Rebuilt lighting, paths etc.
- Tweaked water acceleration to be 10% faster
- Removed sticky area @ramp near biorifle/thighpads.
- Fixed a weapon related 'ensure' triggering in rare cases when dying while switching weapons
- Fixed radial damage not working when projectiles hit level geometry (4.6 change to collision very near surface?)
- More Flak audio updates based on feedback.
- Possible fix for semi-rare weapon crash
- Added AUTProj_Rocket as common superclass of all rocket projectiles.
- Slowed down spiral rockets.
- Dual enforcers! (GitHub pull request #104 by HiroP713)
- WIP updates to enforcer audio.
- Can no longer recall disrupted disks (can still pick up by touching them).
- Added disrupted disk recall failure sound.
- Fixed picking up disks by walking over them.
- Translocator no longer has charges.
- Fixed translocating player teleport location - now attempts to center on transdisk if in the air.
- Destroy/return disrupted transdisk after 30 seconds.
- Added damage threshold for disrupting transdisk (currently 10).
- Tweaked translocator firing speed.
- Custom death message for when player telefrags self attempting to telefrag shieldbelted player.
- Fixed translocator bouncing off pickups, etc.
- When linking bio into web, multi-link new additions automatically.
- A full glob that can be overcharged now pulses. Use link beam to overcharge, and glob explodes into bio web.
- Fixed spawning multiple globlings when over full glob lands.
- Added blueprint interface for adding/removing bio web links.
- Fix for web link orientation.
- Bio web link has its own particle system, to allow customization.
- Reduced bio web life span to 20 seconds.
- Fixed bio web replication issues.
- Stinger alt fires slower, uses more ammo, causes more damage.
- Stinger alt-fire shard sticks to walls, has blocking collision.
- Character takes small amount of damage when jumping off a stuck stinger shard.
- Workaround for game clients not respecting bNotForClientOrServer and related settings
- Improved pathfinding's detection of valid translocator paths
- Added bot pickup timing (in both directions - low skill bots will not know to go after powerups that respawned right away, while high skill bots will start moving there in advance)
Engine/ Mod Support
- Upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.6 preview.
- Fix shader cache not finding landscape in time.
- Fix for engine divide by zero.
- UNREALTOURNAMENT_API for UTPickupAmmo.
- Fixed UT specific keybinds not being uploaded to/restored from the cloud storage correctly.
- Workaround for composite fonts on the HUD.
- Fix for the Mid-game Menu not closing.
- Fixed controls menu not handling single tap wall dodge bindings correctly.
- Lobby UI 1st pass.
- Added a base player controller class and updated with the basic functionality needed by both PC and LobbyPC.
- Hooked up Lobby planel generation via the game mode.
- Hooked up Say/TeamSay to use the new ChatDestination code for proper routing in lobbies and instanced games.
- Don't prevent crouch when waiting for tap roll but rather just uncrouch and roll immediately if crouch is released in the window
- Some super basic "hip rotation" to align feet to floor. Experimenting with more advanced IK
- Falling animation now loops properly.
- Roll animation looks a little better.
- Fixed remaining time being wrong on clients for up to one minute after joining an in progress game
- Early first pass of switching sides in CTF (has to be enabled in the map, currently only CTF-CrashSite)
- Show score for own Pawn whenever it exists, even when viewing another player (e.g. end of game)
- Call SetPlayerDefaults() when losing jump boots
- Fixed rare case where the player's camera won't view the new character after respawning
- Fixed join in progress crash after sides were swapped.
- Fixed a case where a flag scorer could also get an assist
- Fixed crash on suicide
- DM flawless victory only if no suicides.
- Fixed CTF message text showing up in TDM.
- Berserk fills your ammo when you pick it up.
- Fixed dropped pickups that time out not cleaning up their inventory item correctly (memory leak + perf loss over time although recovered upon map switch)
- Don't spectate killer right now, re-enable when test coverage is better
- Added the ability to specify a delay for announcements, so reward announcements don't get drowned out by other sounds.
- Added RewardAnnouncementClass to UTDamageType for announcement to play when kill with this damage type.
- Cleaned up headshot announcement implementation.
- Removed no longer needed hack for projectiles that want to fall after hitting an obstacle on XY plane; this also fixes a rare divide by zero error
- Updated UT Logo in loading/entry
- Small tweaks to foot shadows
Previous Version Notes