Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 12/12
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- DM-Cannon new this week!
- Weapon balance tweaks.
- Bot AI improvements
- Bio web improvements.
- New lobby and stats system WIP, almost ready to use.
- Updated all map descriptions
- Fixed snaggy ramp near sniper
- Widened Shock area
- Added some more exit messaging in the ship
- Fixed some lighting issues
- Heightened some of the doorways/ceilings
- Added navmesh
- Fixed default mat
- Fixed blocked jump pad (blue midfield)
- Added missing water volume in center
- Misc BSP cleanup
- Fixed some feign death issues on nicktest
- Udamage now reachable via impact hammer
- Bio web has shorter life, but can be re-charged with link gun.
- New visual effects for charging and low life remaining.
- Manage bio life in tick rather than constantly changing timer.
- Optimized bio web beam effect to improve performance. Still too slow.
- Better goo tracking.
- Improved blob to web link selection.
- Improved bio web visual debugging.
- Fixed bio not replicating bLanded
- Increased default trace range for weapons so they don't fizzle across Face
- Reduced Link projectile damage.
- More Flak cannon tweaks.
- Added portal afterimage to translocations; for 0.15 seconds, weapons fire that hits where the player used to be will be teleported to that player's translocation destination
- Very slightly increased impact jump impulse
- Water currents will now slide you along surfaces.
- Changed UTWaterVolume current properties to be separate direction vector and magnitude.
- 1st pass at new menu music
- Fix config files being unable to save urls properly so redirect locations can be added to config files.
- Added mutator selection to create game UI; mutators can now have UMG config menus (see Instagib mutator for very simple example)
- Fixed main menu crash when trying to create a game if a blueprint-only mutator class is already in memory when the menu is opened (such as from a previous instance of the menu).
- Bots update enemy info when bumping into them while strafing,
- Improved high skill bot combat movement,
- Fixed a crash caused by an uninitialized value error when bots' only awareness of their current enemy comes from an imprecise sound
- Fixed an edge case where lift pathing wouldn't build correctly
- Improved path generation for jump pads that go straight up and are meant to be air controlled off of (e.g. DM-Lea)
- Fixed navigation path height generation; bots now have basic handling of crouch paths
- Added announcement precaching, fixes hitches when an announcement is first played.
- Tick character anims right before freeze so players end in better pose.
- Raised max number of spectators
- Fixed rare crash in AUTPlayerController::UpdateHiddenComponents()
- Fixed overkill damage awarding points in CTF personal scoring
- Removed no longer needed PIE gametype finding code as engine was fixed in 4.6
- Clear controller view roll when pawn destroyed.
- Fixed ragdoll at end of match
- GitHub pull request #108: enforcer ammo pickup (thanks wail)
- Allow emotes during halftime.
- Fixed low health ambient playing on old dead pawns.
- Announce player's team at start of match.
- Match stats now update in realtime in the lobby
- Player info is now updated in realtime in the lobby
- You can't start a match without the mim # of players
- Fixed the bug where a returning player wasn't put in the right match if > 1 match was available
- Clicking on a match icon will now spectate the match if it's in progress
- Locked out joining of any time during start update
- Fixed some bugs regarding inactive matches
- Fixed a few "replicated out of order" bugs that still existed.
- Give an option to return to the lobby in instanced games instead of reconnecting
- Made ChatDestination a member of UTPlayerState
- Hooked up server server control over the chat destination
- You now properly choose the right destination depending on game mode (normal, lobby) and when you enter a lobby match
- Lobby games now detect if you enter without having a valid sign in and ask you to sign in
- Made the MatchInfo enter the WaitingForPlayer's state after the server receives and sets the final defaults, not before
Stats System WIP
- Stats manager first pass
- Stats writing json to cloud
- Persist stat manager when going to inactive player array
- Cloud stats pass 2, disabled by default until stability and perf investigation can be done
Previous Version Notes