Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 2/6/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Rocketlauncher multi-loaded rockets and grenades fire in rapid succession rather than simultaneously.
- More realistic bot aiming error with greater range of skill levels.
- Fixed substantial performance regression caused by HUD text rendering bug.
- Significant Menu update work in progress.
- Friends List is now enabled.
- Cosmetic item support.
- removed 15 anniv logos
- added temp audio
- replaced PainVolume with UTPain volume in one slime pit
- organized assets for readability in browser
- Rocketlauncher multi-loaded rockets and grenades fire in rapid succession rather than simultaneously, with interval defined by BurstInterval.
- No longer need separate spread and tight rocket formations - player movement/rotation controls it now.
- Increased rocket launcher loaded fire grace period before auto fire.
- Fixed Rocket Launcher crosshair scaling with resolution changes.
- Fixed Rocket Launcher crosshair loading animation.
- Fixed shot down remote Redeeemer not blowing up on client.
- Fixed remote redeemer not damaging client side things.
- Slightly increased shot down redeemer explosion radius.
- Give shooter kill credit if the shot down redeemer blows up in the launching player's face.
- Fixed remote redeemer projectile being left around invisibly
- Redeemer explosion center adjustment not necessary
- Redeemer plays raise/lower sound on owner, not self.
- Reduced disrupted trans disk reset time to 15 seconds.
- Added disrupted effect (placeholder) for disrupted translocator disks.
- Bio web link sound has attenuation.
- Modified sniper zoomed HUD headshot indicator to gold if target has helmet on.
- Increased weapon spree count for Instagib from 15 to 60.
- Added final Shock Rifle 1p & 3p mesh with 1p wip animations. Hooked everything up for shader work. Did a first pass tweaking of all weapon scale & postion blueprint settings.
- Shockrifle FX updates
- Converted Shock Rifle shader to Master Shader for weapons, setup masking and functions to easier support additional behaviors.
- Fixed shock rifle on-mesh ammo display
- Fixed second enforcer scale in 3P
- Got the enforcer left hand muzzle flash in a better position (not 100% because sockets on negatively scaled meshes don't work)
- Fixed holstered weapon crash if the player has no other weapons
- Disabled self shadow only on weapons temporarily until lighting issues with it are fixed.
- Removed some HUD team coloring (particularly the team score area).
- Basic scaling animation system for HUD messages.
- Set up scaling animations for a number of HUD message classes.
- HUD message widgets can control the scale in direction of scaling HUD messages.
- No damage indicator if no damage (no green friendly fire momentum indicators).
- Reduced some announcement message lifespans.
- Don't scale down game messages on HUD.
- Fix for occasional GetKerning() crash.
- Fix for occasional HUD crash.
- Make our UI work better with new word wrap (fixed perf issues with HUD text renderihg)
- Tweaked flag held message
- Increased internet bandwidth cap per client to 15000 to handle super high frame rate clients.
- Fixed crash if hub goes down.
- Enabled Friends List by default
- FriendsAndChat - added presence images for Launcher and Fortnite.
- Skinning FriendsAndChat UI in UT.
- Added user info header to the friends list panel (switched off by default on UT for now).
- More realistic bot aiming error with lower skill bots having worse aim.
- Bot aim now includes a tracking accuracy error and an offset error that reduces over time when target and/or bot is stopped. Still needs tuning.
- First pass support for bots generating alternate assault paths to CTF flag.
- Fixed some translocator and jump path issues when the navmesh around the jump source point is a large poly with significant Z difference.
- Fixed too many bots leaving when a player joins a server.
- Added bot skill to scoreboard in standalone mode (replaces ping).
- Oldskool addbots console command.
- Added KillBots console command.
Engine, Editor, and Mac/Linux support
- Don't multi-thread renderer if logical processor count is low.
- Package content plugin loc text adjustments
- Add dialog after content is published that allows user to open explorer/finder to the item
- Fixed OpenGL compile of Malcolm shader failing.
- Fixed splash screen persisting sometimes in Linux (and causing crashes).
- Improved handling content with case-sensitivity problems. Makes uncooked UT work on Linux, still uncached and suboptimal.
- Fixed Mac cursor.
- Fixed Linux dedicated server crashing.
- Worked around Linux limit of open file handles.
- Main Menu WIP.
- Create Game WIP.
- Player settings menu now displays a render of the selected character options.
- Added support for custom character meshes.
- Custom character/hat/eyewear now go through UUTLocalPlayer before the profile settings in case players aren't logged in (saved to .ini in that case).
- Fixed some UI bugs.
- Fix for the console bringing up the menus when it shouldn't
- Retargetted animations to new skeleton.
- Imported new idles for rifle, pistol, and dual pistol as well as new aimoffsets for all of those.
- Updated new temp malcolm mesh to new skeleton, updated character BP to use this mesh.
- Fixed playing" you have won the match" sound for humiliating defeat.
- Don't play armor hit effect for first person owner.
- Fixed jump pad arc rendering
- Fixed weapon pickups not vanishing when picked up on clients if weapon stay is on
- Added allow behind view mutator
- Changed minplayerstostart to 2. To play by yourself from commandline, add ?minplayers=1
- Scale down scores shown on CTF scoreboard by 1/10.
- Fixed sound amplification for hit sounds caused by local player.
- Fixed UTImpactEffect animated light not being cleaned up when it's no longer visible
- Added the ability to set up curves for light parameters for UTImpactEffects
- Fixed disabled weapon pickups being visible on clients
- Faster UTPlayerState replication of team and ready state properties.
- Added select sound for pre-game options.
- Highlight pre-match selected spawn point.
- Added Malcom re-sized for new skeleton static mesh for head texture fix.
- Updated mesh sockets for Malcolm to make hats & glasses work
- Allow hats to have relative rotation and location.
- Moved Accessory Tutorial content (hat/sunglasses/reference objects) into RestrictedAssets.
- Cosmetic eyewear support.
Previous Version Notes