Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 3/16/2015
(includes hot fix changes)
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Hub and UI fixes.
- Fixed various reported crashes.
- Fixed Play In Editor crash.
- Improved player lighting and shadowing, still more work to be done.
- Polish, minor tweaks to layout around cannon.
- Minor room shape tweak, moved player start.
- Minor changes to spawn points, ammo placement.
- Blocked off area that could be slid under.
- Built paths on DM-Overlord (note: bots don't use special features).
- Reduced flak shell damage radius.
- Fixed very short range stationary/crouched sniper shots not getting the full head sphere.
- Fixed holstered weapons getting attached to the character mesh when dropped while not dead.
- Fixed guided Redeemer driver being able to be damaged when bDamageHurtsHealth is false.
- Don't show powerup overlays on holstered weapon, only when equipped.
- Fixed rare weapon crash.
HUD and Scoreboards
- Correct place suffixes for FFA HUD.
- Clamp player names shown on FFA leaderboard so they always fit.
- Fixed pre-game scoreboard overlap with 32 players.
- Fixed scoreboard spectator count text.
- Tweaked skull positioning for DM HUD score.
Hubs and Server Browser
- Hooked up canceling the session and fixed the bug where if a dead result times out after the rest of the positive results the UI doesn't progress.
- Fixed QuickMatch's search results getting confused with the server browsers search results.
- Fixed players who join in progress or joined as a spectator not begin tracked as in a match.
- Updated MaxInstances to 16.
- Adjusted the log of MatchIsReadyToJoin so that it will allow in people joining a match that is loading if that match is join in progress or owned by the joiner.
- Fix for beacon log spam and occational dropped server instances.
- Lobby fixes.
- Default lobbies to Deathmatch and 20 player max.
- Apply lobby chat text limit in the UI instead of just on the RPC to be more clear and also fix some UI issues.
- Fixed dedicated instances not showing up in the hub.
- Don't let hub match host kick him/herself.
- Fixed initial map selection in the hub.
- Added map name and player count to hub badges for games in progress.
- Instances now properly reset their search code before trying to join a hub by GUID.
- clients now reset their session search before trying to join.
- Added a warning dialog if the OS/Engine decides for some reason it can't start a match from a hub.
- Update the lobby session info more frequently (on user change, on match start, end).
- Fixed GetNumMatches() to only consider valid games in progress.
- Restored the "Return to Hub" menu item.
- Added the Hub's server name to the menu.
- MOTD is displayed in chat when you join a hub.
- Chat now switches to the proper channel when joining/leaving a match.
- Quickplay should now put players in the match menu and properly show it's loading.
- Clear out the Hub GUID after returning to the hub.
- Client crash can occur after completing HUB instances and interacting with the UI.
- Server Browser speed improvements.
- Pings hubs first.
- ini configurable ping buffer size.
- General server browser cleanup.
- Updated CheckInstanceHealth to make sure dead matches are being recycled.
- Fixed MaxPlayers so we can limit players in the match.
Engine and Editor
- Fixed crash using Play In Editor in UT editor.
- Fixed tutorial hat being useable in game.
- Fixed OSSMCP headers in FriendsAndChat module makes UT github repository unbuildable.
- Packaging content for sharing now first prompts you to save assets if necessary.
- Set product name and product identifier for UT editor. Using the same name as the standard UE4 editor causes config files (eg. the autoload-project setting) to overlap.
- Fix bugitgo falling through the world.
- Put UNREALTOURNAMENT_API on UTGameObjective.
- Turn off TiledDeferredShading again, was lost in a merge conflict.
- Fixed crash copying UTCharacters in the editor.
- Reduced the log visibility of network messages that aren't indicative of a bug.
- Fixed "open" console command to be relative like it's supposed to (again).
- Made UTLift abstract since it requires the blueprint to supply additional details.
- Removed streaming level DM-Circuit_FX from UI map lists
- Don't apply FOV from the profile since it became a system setting (fixes FOV resetting).
- Don't render hudwidgets if the hud or the widget is PendingKill.
- Fixed mutator config menu weapon lists showing weapon types that are marked to be hidden.
- Fixed weapon priority settings not being applied to currently alive weapon instances when in a game.
- Controls dialog has a clear duplicate binds button now.
- Work around some crashes with Slate trying to load UObject resources from another thread.
- Fixed force respawn UI option.
- Disabled friends list menu on Linux until supported.
Characters and Animation
- Fixed and improved Ambient Occlusion for characters.
- Polished material definition on Malcolm body, and tweaked face material.
- Updated and tweaked foot blob shadows.
- Decoupled taunt from hard references on ut character. Gave it a cookable class for modability.
- Wrote a fixup for PlayEmote1-3 to PlayTaunt keybinds.
- Fix taunts not working in net play.
- Possible fix for rare crash with character having an invalid weapon.
- Don't let hats receive decals.
- Really fixed jump boots activation after feign death.
- Stop active firing while taunting.
- Increased MaxReadyWaitTime to 60.
- Never auto-start match in standalone mode.
- Players can't shoot off helmets of teammates.
- Last minute time synch every 12 seconds instead of every 10.
- Workaround for rare disconnection crash.
- Fixed crash associated with player getting signed out.
- Fixed crash if player's login becomes invalid while connected to a hub.
- Fixed weapon pickup state getting out of sync on clients if the local player is standing on it as it respawns.
- Fixed server crash if a server becomes full for a player between prelogin and login.
- Fixed zombie instances on Linux Hubs because processes weren't properly released.
- Linux socket code changes so don't need work around for Linux Hubs to communicate with instances.
- Fixed rare bot crash.
- Fixed rare redeemer specific bot crash.
- Fixed addbots console command.
Previous Version Notes