Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 3/31/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- New level shell DM-Chill
- Mac rendering performance improvements.
- Flak Cannon and Link Gun tweaks.
- Hub interface improvements
- Visual and performance improvements for characters and effects.
- New level shell DM-Chill
- Misc. visual and collision bugs.
- Updated materials with broken references.
- Did a reflection capture pass to improve quality and optimize.
- Fixed small hole in meshing outside.
- Mesh collision fixes.
- fixed blocking volume at sniper platform.
- Rebuilt for new indirect lighting sample settings with more effective lightmass importance volume coverage.
- Rebuilt for new indirect lighting sample settings with new lightmass importance volume.
- Adjusted Flak shell splash damage: reduced outer radius, added inner radius, increased min damage.
- Added RandomBounceCone to Flak shards to randomize bounces slightly.
- Added BounceDamagePct to Flak shards, reducing damage after bounce.
- Added FirstBounceDamping to Flak shards, so first bounce rebound can be different from successive bounces.
- Increased Flak shard bounce dampening.
- Fixed Instagib beam colors.
- New Link Gun beam momentum design:
- Still causes reduced acceleration/friction restricting targets temporarily.
- Pull is no longer constant but rather a triggered action by pressing primary while holding alt.
- Imparts substantial effect but has a refire delay.
- Added color parameters to Link Gun beam fx.
- Q is toggletranslocator again, returns you to past weapon when pressed while Translocator is selected.
- Reduced disrupted Translocator disk reset time.
- Translocator weapon mesh will now display red if in FFA as the current temp material does not support arbitrary colors (disc projectile remains white in FFA)
- Changed Sniper zoom trace check for the headshot circles so they aren't displayed through surfaces that can be seen but not shot through (unbreakable glass, etc)
- Added Rocket Launcher third person animations.
- Added particle effect and animation to 3p rocket launcher to show rocket loading.
- Better hack for first person weapon positions at different FOVs.
- Fixed crash in ComputeHomingAcceleration().
- Fixed crash in UTWeaponStateFiringSpinUp::BeginState().
- Fixed weapon crash dying with holstered weapon.
- Possible fix for overlay material on first person weapons sometimes not being displayed
- Deleted Shock Rifle pickup physics asset - not needed and was breaking the bounding box
HUD and Scoreboards
- Adjusted kill/spree/multikill message area up.
- Improved HUD CTF flag taken representation.
- CTF assists on the scoreboard now properly matches assists shown in the scoring summary.
- Moved translocator on HUD from weapon bar to powerups bar (test).
- Clamp displayed player names to available space on scoreboard.
- Only call UTHUD CalcStanding() when have hud widgets that use the information.
- Fixed dodge sliding getting stuck on if auto wall slide is enabled.
- Sprint stops if you run directly into a wall (can still sprint sliding along a wall).
- SprintMaxWallNormal specifies how directly you can run into a wall before it stops sprinting.
- Fixed issues with uncrouching through ramps.
- Fixed unfeigning through ramps.
- Unfeign into crouched position so can fit in more spaces.
- If fail to unfeign, nudge the ragdoll.
Hubs and Server Browser
- Allow hub and/or individual gametypes to specify min players to start an instance.
- Reduced max player counts for hub matches to more reasonable numbers per gametype.
- Updated rich presence to show a player is in a hub or starting a match.
- Fixed CheckForExistingMatch to properly place players back in matches in some cases.
- Removed some additional debug log info.
- Fixed being able to kick/ban yourself in hubs.
- Force users who are connected to a server but become not logged in to return to the main menu
- Pass a URL option to signal returning from an instance, so user returning to hub after exiting to main menu won't ever drop right into a match lobby.
- Made the server browser correctly handle the changing of logins, so it will refresh after logged in player changes.
- Added better handling for cancelling quickmatch searches.
- Friends invited in to a hub will join their friend's match if they are still in one.
- Adjusted AddGameFilters to look at the ping list as well as the server list.
- If a hub instance loses connection to the hub but has no players and isn't a dedicated instance, just shut it down rather than constantly trying to reconnect to the hub just to tell the hub to kill the process itself.
- Fixed blueprint-only gametypes crashing hub instance creation if the instance owner takes too long to change settings.
- Removed client check for match having too many players when starting a lobby instance in case the client is inaccurate.
- Added workarounds for servers losing MCP sessions due to backend issues
- Cosmetics now support variant sets.
- Added test hat shadow mesh to Malcom_Beenie & Malcom_Beret.
- Merged hat functionality updates from TimEh.
- Support for ambient occlusion for hats.
- Delete leader hat when switching to another hat mid-game.
- Fixed default image next to a players username when you delete them as a friend and re add them while having a chat active.
- Fixed drop down box text in the social menu is difficult to read.
- Fixed no indicator for receiving a social interaction while in menus.
Mac and Linux
- Mac performance improvements: hlslcc & Metal
- Implemented desktop OpenGL support for GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects without requiring any additional shader platforms to reduce shader compile/link hitches.
- OpenGL separate shader objects require that the shader hash be set even when the shader cache is not in use. The calculated CRC will suffice.
- Removed an unnecessary workaround from FOpenGL3::MapBuffer.
- Shader caching has been updated to include the option to record draw-states used for each shader so that they may be pre-drawn to reduce in-driver hitching.
- Updated format versions in ShaderFormatOpenGL to force shaders to recompile correctly.
- Fix for ICU being dynamic on Mac game which is monolithic.
- Added prebuilt ShaderCompilerWorker for UT Linux client.
- Convert Linux server and game builds over to Test.
Engine and Editor
- Added ability to cook dlc using in-editor cookserver.
- PackageContent plugin using cookserver in the editor, not doing this immediately as it still requires a second task for running unrealpak which doesn't seem faster.
- Removed redirect line in DefaultGame.ini that was causing the .ini parsing to choke.
- Make sure prerequisites are installed after downloading binaries.
- Updated github read me to include DirectX runtime requirement. Thanks Skybladev2.
- Switched to using engine version numbering code.
- More logging for linux process management, trying to catch pids not getting watched and turned into zombies.
- Analytics event for starting a match with custom content.
- Fixed crash rendering hit proxies.
- Fixed Crash when refreshing/moving/deleting BP nodes.
- Added a Verbose log message for verifying GC assumptions so we can make sure it's not on in the wild.
- Fixed clamping array index in sample game. Thanks Dingobloo.
- Moved CTF mutator ScoreObject() call as requested by community.
- UNREALTOURNAMENT_API for UTCharacterMovement.
- Moved redirect code to UTBaseGameMode.
- Moved SavedDir()/Paks/Downloads to SavedDir()/DownloadedPaks. Stops downloaded content being automounted.
- Fixed custom content pak files placed in the install directory not being added to the asset registry.
- Fixed client pak crash.
- Move client package requirements down a level so hubs can use it eventually.
- Temp storage adjustment to try to not fail on single network miss.
- Updated and polished character select menu.
- Fixed crash when the player settings menu is up on level change.
- Fixed globalconfig options in the create game dialog not getting saved.
- Fixed some style issues.
- Fixed a few spelling mistakes of the word 'received' in LOCTEXT and log messages.
- Fixed instagib mutator zoom option not being saved correctly.
- Fixed bot favorite weapon list.
- Fixed being able to make bots with whitespace for a name and re-enabled the delete button with a hopeful fix.
- Fixed error message dialog size on bot config menu.
- Error message if account is locked after entering wrong password too many times.
- Fixed third party software text issues.
- Added needed call to force the UI to popup the mouse cursor when a menu appears.
- Reworked code that searches for maps to use the asset registry instead as it is substantially faster.
- Updated UI audio.
- Added bExactClass to AUTHUD to find blueprint widgets easily. Thanks Unliterate.
- Deleted obsolete version of create game screen.
- Fixed font on the arena mutator config menu.
Characters and Animation
- Necris materials improved.
- Polished Malcolm rigging weights.
- Character shaders improved: simplified gameplay fx function and added simple AO function.
- Added shadow casting to head.
- Tweaked character base team color values to help visibility.
- Fixed pelvis area weighting on UT4_Base skeletal mesh that had a bunch of verts weighted to root.
- Fixed spamming right click while spectating constantly moving the view.
- Increased mercylimit in hub TDM matches.
- Thighpads have same absorption percentage as Vest.
- Loaded no longer gives translocator.
- Multikills don't persist through respawn.
- Replaced old countdown audio with temp new for consistency.
- Audio mix/balance tweaks.
- Added Impact Audio for Belt and all armor types.
- Gave pickup tokens a unique id so we can track them persistently.
- Updated team decos.
- Converted lift asset box collision to convex.
- Re-enabled bandwidth optimization for CTF scoring play data now that the engine supports it properly.
- Added support for AI predictive firing of weapons (shoot where recently detected enemy might appear).
- Fixed bots not aiming correctly at head/feet in some situations.
- Fixed bots trying to do combo prediction with the Instagib rifle.
- Rebuilt paths on DM-Focus.
- ReflectionEnvironments on for low end system to fix visual quality issues.
- Tweaked rocket trail FX
- Fixed a few detail level settings on weapon fx.
- Fixed some particle material references.
- Updated lightmass ini to improve density of indirect lighting samples.
- Force max LOD always for own shock combos.
- Link projectile impact effect light is now high detail mode.
- Added DisableEmitterLights() to Actor to support custom LOD of particle effect lights.
- UTProjectile implements DisableEmitterLights() for flight effects to remove other players projectile lights at low detail.
- Reduced size of link primary decal.
Previous Version Notes