Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 4/9/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- New WIP level shells CTF-Bigrock and DM_Vortex.
- Weapon balance tweaks.
- Networking fixes and improvements.
- Now include engine starter content with UT editor.
- Fixed issues with downloading custom content from servers and hubs.
- Server browser improvements.
- Added new WIP asymmetrical shell CTF-Bigrock.
- Added new WIP deathmatch shell DM-Vortex.
- Added DM-Chill and DM-Vortex to map rotations for dm and team dm.
- Reduced Rocket damage radius by 15%, but now has minimum damage of 15.
- Reduced shock combo damage radius by 10%, but now has minimum damage of 20.
- Slightly reduced bring up time for Flak Cannon and Rocket Launcher.
- Reduced flak shell inner damage radius.
- Sniper headshot damage is value instead of scale.
- Slightly reduced sniper headshot damage.
- Minigun alt projectile speed doubled.
- Tweaked rocket explosion effect size to better match rocket explosion radius.
- Show "--" on Instagib.rifle ammo display.
- Fixed being able to headshot yourself by pointing at very specific downward angles in a FFA game.
- Fixed keeping link beam ammo count synched by using delayed shot handling for beams. Thanks Sir_Brizz for the fix.
- Fixed networking issues with shock combos (combo in the face bug), by making sure client and server are consistent about whether combo should be determined client-side, and only if projectile is forward ticked on server.
- Increased lifespan of fake projectiles spawned after a delay because of high latency, so they don't disappear before the real projectile gets replicated.
- Destroy replicated bNetTemporary projectiles once they've updated their associated fake projectile on the client (perf improvement).
- Don't replicate rotation if not needed for prelim servermove (bandwidth optimization).
- Reset movement timers when reset client network prediction data.
- Optimized bandwidth for replicating common client adjustment case when not on a lift.
- Adjust server position if Z barely off and stopped.
- Fixed ping calculation, using client side measurement of servermove ack response times.
- Back to using RPC instead of replicated property for acking good moves.
- PredictionFudgeFactor is replicated so always synched between client and server.
- Reduced default PredictionFudgeFactor to 15.
HUD and Scoreboards
- Scale HUD icon or value when pickup or lose armor and health, or pickup ammo or power up.
- Interactive Scoreboard WIP.
- Player Cards WIP.
- Unified all loaded fonts into UTHud.
- New armor impact sounds, with increased volume.
- New CTF flag pickup/drop sounds.
- Moved weapon audio into Weapon Sound Group for better playback prioritization.
- Upsampled menu music quality.
- Added blueprint node for playing team adjusted sounds.
Hubs and Server Browser
- Big server browser update/WIP that should make people happy.
- Browser no longers clears the list each time it's refreshed.
- Live updating of all fields.
- Better culling of "unresponsive" servers.
- Fixed some minor hub map name/screenshot display issues.
Mac and Linux
- Shader cache optimizations.
- Prevent the shader-cache from instantiating incompatible shader resources & crashing the RHI.
- Disable the ShaderCache's draw-state logging by default in all circumstances since it is currently a significant performance impact.
- Fix a bug in early submission of compute shaders in the ShaderCache not using the correct hash.
- Nonmonolithic staging support for Mac.
- Run nonmonolithic mac build from launcher now.
Engine and Editor
- Included engine starter content with UT editor distribution.
- Added ability to hide the launch button in editor for flavored editors.
- Fixed visual studio plugin missing in editor on launcher.
- Set taunt when launching PIE.
- Merged build patch fix to actually strip out pdbs.
- Moved UTKismetLibrary to UTGameplayStatics.
- Added MapUrlProtocol to work around ini parsing issues
- Fixed BSP brushes that have been brush clipped cannot be copied and pasted between maps.
- Fixed editing duplicated BSP brushes also edits the original brush.
- Fixed navigation complete popup getting stuck on if a second one is added before the first is cleared by the user.
- Turned off stylized pp by removing the temporary setting and removed stylized pp binds.
- Fixed BlendPhysicsBones being run on skel mesh components that don't have any space bases.
- Redirect checksum checking for maps to skip redownloading if a player already has the map.
- Hardcode some pak ordering to fix some issues associated with mod paks overriding files in the base game.
- Don't send authorization token to non-epicgames servers when doing redirects.
- Stream player settings dialog preview mesh textures in.
- Temporarily disable loading screens until we can work around the Slate threading issues.
- Compile time optimizations for SUWindowsStyle.
- Close any open menus upon network errors.
- Fixed a rare crash with invalid UniqueIds.
- Added some additional logging to detect occurrences where a menu becomes orphaned.
- Fixed the server browser list style.
- Removed the server config from the new game dialog.
- Added some analytics so we can see the actual new game dialog usage cases.
- Added a delegate to allow projects to add additional tags to UWorld (level assets) so that games can store additional searchable level information for their own UI.
- Added Title to level summary (more friendly map name).
- Fixed weapon not being attached correctly in the player preview.
- Fixed some maps not launching from the create game UI.
- Re-implemented loading screen in a way that does not use the broken Slate threaded code.
- Keep the base weapon set in memory all the time to improve performance on some UI screens and reduce load times.
- Use 'start' instead of 'open' for starting the tutorial so URL options from old sessions don't get carried over and break things.
- Fixed kills caused by an impact hammer shield blowing up a rocket in the shooter's face not awarding kill credit to the shield user in FFA gametypes.
- Fixed flag assist tracking not working correctly for the initial flag carrier if they are camping the base when the flag is returned.
- CTF half time view the winning team flag.
- Move winning team close to the flag.
- Refactor hatclass/etc replication to playerstate as it's wasteful to keep sending it down the pawn and easier for the playercard to access the playerstate.
- PickupTokens now have a registry in the profile settings.
- Really fixed powerup shader on holstered weapons.
- Optimized holstered weapon attachment spawning.
- Don't spawn hitscan impact effects if hit pawn or projectile.
- Fixed crash in UTGetDamageMomentum().
- Limit armor stacking to 150 in Duel.
- Fixed spectator view self when playing on a server
- Fixed uncooked dedicated server crash.
- Secondary taunt support is back
- Made armor hit effect bigger.
- Don't play blood hit effect if play armor hit effect.
- Added directional indicators to Jumppad that scale with distance & time.
- Improved bot aiming, particularly with instant hit weapons.
- Improved removing bots from the game as humans join.
- Fixed bots in FFA not leaving the game pre-match because they all think they're winning.
Previous Version Notes