Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 5/1/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Enhanced Spectating System and Casting Guide.
- Capture the Flag polish.
- New Start Match flow.
- Lots of level updates, particularly for CTF-BigRock and DM-Vortex.
- Weapon balance and movement tweaks.
- Improved support for code mods.
- Bot AI and pathing improvements.
- Hub redirect support for custom content hosted on Hubs.
- Lots of animation improvements.
- Added 10 spectator cameras to all CTF and DM maps.
- Fixed KillZ issues on various maps.
- Rebuilt paths in CTF-Blank and CTF-Dam.
- Swapped bio/link on planetbuster side.
- Rebuilt pathing.
- Added some minor outdoor post process to help differentiate regular/low grav.
- WeaponShield improvements: added outline to material, replication fixes, trigger ripple FX on pawn entry/exit.
- Fixed Bigrock WeaponShield at high pings.
- Removed boots.
- Reworked ship flag room.
- Added more health pickups.
- Rebuilt paths.
- Swapped keg for shield belt.
- Added ramp above berserk and moved beserk near a ledge you can get shot off and killed.
- Placement pass for ammo, moved it away from guns in most cases.
- Tweaked redeemer/sniper elevator so it's a little easier to reach redeemer with lift jump.
- Fixed awkward forced slope dodge near stinger/ThighPads.
- Removed rogue shock rifle.
- Fixed translocator course mouse indicator.
- Lighting updated.
- Collision updated.
- Misc. bug fixes.
- Example Map
- Added jumppad and lift sections to example map.
- Replaced all hacky text actors with info frame bps which now support custom color.
- Level Tutorial Map
- Added missing level preview shot.
- Added nav volume so bots behave properly.
- First pass hidden weapon support.
- All weapon related traces are now per poly.
- Impact Hammer switch times reduced.
- Impact Hammer charge to full jump cut from 1.0 to 0.5 seconds.
- Slightly increased impact hammer range.
- Fixed impact hammer alt-fire inconsistently applying kill credit when a blocked projectile kills its shooter,
- Link Gun beam pull pulse now costs an additional 2 ammo per activation.
- Reduced link beam lockdown a little more.
- Reduced Link Gun starting and max ammo.
- Removed knockback on link primary.
- Slightly reduced link beam ground friction/acceleration effect.
- Slightly increased link beam ammo usage.
- Improved visibility of link gun beam pulse effect.
- Slightly reduced Shock ball damage.
- Slightly reduced Stinger alt fire rate and reduced stinger shard imparted momentum.
- Improved stinger shard visibility.
- Fixed stinger shard not affecting ragdolls on clients.
- Reduced Rocket Launcher crosshair size.
- Reduced seeking rocket adjustment rate, but they now lead their target.
- Loaded rockets seek target hit by lead rocket.
- Fire all loaded rockets/grenades when feign death.
- Fixed a few third person rocket launcher display issues.
- Translocator was creating a MID every BringUp, only need to create one in construction script.
Capture the Flag
- Now show in-world flag status indicator for players: shows enemy flag, enemy base, and your flag base (shows whether your flag is there or not).
- Improved CTF overtime and halftime announcements.
- Improved the CTF scoring Plays display.
- Added CTF ELO skill rating support.
- Fixed CTF flag denied message.
- Fixed flag held icons flashing twice as fast if both flags held.
- Added Assist reward announcement for players who assisted flag cap.
- Hooked up flag pickup/dropped sounds.
- Added scoring reward messages for CTF.
- Adjusted flag offset on back to not clip into player mesh.
- Red and Blue flag captures each have their own riff.
- Fixed match status string at end of CTF match.
- Fixed rare CTF bug checking for advantage at the end of a half.
- Fixed gravity getting clamped on the flag.
- Revised individual scoring for CTF (first pass).
- Fixed flag returned messages when delayed because of "Denied" announcement.
- CTF player scoring handled in its own object.
- Reduced player capsule radius.
- Lowered base eyeheight.
- Reduced braking deceleration when walking.
- Reduced GroundFriction.
- Reduced auto sprint delay.
- Fixed growing capsule too big if crouch right when coming out of slide.
- Removed prototype water force code from character blueprint.
- Added MaxRelativeSwimSpeed property to UTWaterVolume, specifies the max swimming speed relative to the water current.
- Fixed character going into Falling after teleporting into water.
- Fixed infinite recursion crash if dying by falling damage while in feign death.
- Fixed lifts resetting to start position sometimes when landed on in net play.
- Fixed client thinks another character is falling right on lip of ledge because of position replication precision issues.
- Fixed other players looking crouched after they recover from feign death.
- Process move acks during feign death so client move buffer doesn't overflow.
- Fixed network mismatch with flags' falling state in some cases.
- Allow pausing when no remote players are connected, even if technically in server mode.
- Improved client-side smoothing of other players' positions.
- Improved smoothness of player beacon positioning in net games.
- Fixed server logspam when client sends an RPC referencing an object that the server destroys before the RPC arrives.
HUD and Scoreboards
- Fixed player beacon opacity, font size and name positioning.
- Player beacons now show health and armor.
- Increased time spent reviewing end of match.
- Show winner name at end of match.
- HUD and scoreboard clocks show elapsed time of overtime.
- ElapsedTime does not tick up during halftime.
- Fixed FHudRenderObject_Text::GetSize() - Thanks TimEh
- Tweaked pre-match ready up text.
- Moved READY on CTF scoreboard to avoid overlapping names.
- Can now un-ready by pressing fire again.
- Fixed Setname not updating name shown on scoreboard right away.
- Fixed ammo counter opacity.
- Hooked up chat message sound.
- Fixed a crash if you select a not-logged in player in the scoreboard.
- Added new Announcer Audio.
- Added kill stingers.
- Fixed broken Powerup Ambient audio.
- Fixed broken ambient on Invis pickup.
- Added new ambient audio for UDamage.
- Increased Armor impact volume.
- Don't play armor hit sound if damage type is not blocked by armor.
- Don't play regular pain sound if damage type doesn't cause blood (i.e. drowning).
- Updated audio for Flak Pickup/Raise.
- Moved UI sounds into appropriate sound group.
- New UI audio.
- Added stingers when other players' spree messages are displayed.
Hubs and Server Browser
- Hub redirect support for custom content hosted on Hub.
- When a network travel failure is detected, notify the hub so the player can be removed from the game they were trying to join.
- Fixed server browser ignoring the gametype filter.
- Fixed the server browser not updating the map that is playing.
- Retry waiting on defunct linux processes every 60 seconds to clean up zombie hub server instances.
- Added a right click menu to allow people to spectate hub matches as a temp solution until the live match menu is done.
- Server Browser sorting fixed.
- Fixed a potential hub UI crash.
- Moved the basic Rcon access support to UTBasePlayerController so hubs can use it.
- Added RconKick <UserName or UniqueId> <ban=true|false> <reason>.
- Fix for Quickmatch.
- Don't allow the player to change the game mode once they have launched an instance.
- Fixed aborting a launching match.
- Updated Instance beacons to support hub map lists.
- Fix for quickmatch instances not shutting down right.
- Added persistent jump boots foot effects while holding boots.
- Loaded bio rifle globs don't cast shadows.
- Updated shockcombo explosion to have a sphere instead of ring.
- Tweaked combo fx to match effective radius.
- Increased gib central blood effect scale.
- Improved clarity on armor hit effect.
- UTReplicatedEmitter uses Instigator for attachment if Owner not set, since blueprints can't set Owner on spawn.
- Added UTPersistentReplicatedEmitter for replicated emitters that aren't fire and forget.
- Polished JumpPad bounce FX & directional indicator.
- New damage amp weapon effect,
- Added fixed version of fresnel, updated shockball core to use new mf.
- Large bio goo now spawns large decal.
- Tweaked size and shape of landed goo and its collision (fixed the relative scaling issues).
- Large landed goo now emits light.
- Projectile explosions now set the particle parameters "DamageRadiusScalar" and "DamageRadiusVector" on their explosion effects so that any particle systems can be set to scale to the gameplay damage radius.
- Combo FX now uses "DamageRadiusVector"
- Improved visibility of armor hit effect when hitting with multiple hits within one server frame (commonly happens with flak).
- Projectile light component LOD uses same function as projectile emitter lights for deciding whether to turn off.
Enhanced Spectating System
- NOTE: Using "Predict 0" (entered in the console) may improve your spectating experience for internet spectating.
- New TacCom system for spectators, toggled by PageUp key..
- See through walls player overlay.
- Shows Powerup timers at any distance.
- New player list slideout bound to numpad Plus.
- Displays number bound to player view, player name, health, armor, powerups, and flag held.
- Players flash if they are currently in action.
- Spectator help menu, bound to Enter, show list of all available spectating binds.
- Numpad number keys are now bound to world camera positions, using UTSpectatorCameras placed by level designers.
- Lots of improvements to camera transitions.
- Lots of improvements to following players.
- Now shows the name of player you are spectating.
- Added custom bind system for spectating binds.
- Keyboard number keys are now each bound to viewing a different player (1-5 red team, 6-0 blue team).
- Added ViewFlag exec. View red flag is bound to / and View blue flag is bound to * on numpad.
- Added ViewProjectile exec, bound to PageDown. Views last projectile fired by currently viewed player.
- Added ability to toggle behindview while spectating, bound to numpad Minus.
- NextWeapon/PrevWeapon (bound to mousewheel by default) now change camera distance when spectating in third person, or movement speed when flying a spectator camera through the level.
- Fixed spectator cameras getting frozen and reset at half time.
- Replicate player armor for spectating, show it on first person HUD.
- Spectator in free cam can now switch to watching closest visible player, bound to backspace.
- Show all player beacons to spectator with separate max distance for spectator viewing player beacons.
- Casting Guide spectator shows labelled views (including keybind to access) of many cameras.
- Use ?CastingGuide=1 on the command line to connect as a casting guide.
- Spectating player commands use consistent IDs across all clients so that the casting guide's displays are consistent with other spectators.
- Casting guide default views can be set in the client .ini, defaults views 5 and 6 to view the team flags.
New Start Match flow
- Starting a game in the hub vs starting a single player or lan game now utilizes the same code path.
- Game rule sets allow easy selection of common game rules configurations.
- Hub admins can add their own game rule sets to their hubs.
- LG IG CTF is an example in DefaultRules.ini so admins can see how to set their own rules.
- Organized game rules into multiple tabs.
- Added graphical map list creation interface as part of match creation flow.
- Added new running for rifle with one handed versions and dual blendspaces, WIP.
- Updated rifle idle pose and aimoffsets.
- Added anims and support for running transitions while holding rifle. Start to stop, stop to start and change direction transitions.
- Updated Run_Strafe_Bwd_Rif so leg doesn't overextend IK.
- First pass IK added for female arm length.
- Added footstep notifies to all running animations
- Added upper body blend mode when in crouch idle state to allow pistol and dual pistol posing while crouched.
- Changed Jump_Rt_Rif anims to take the left hand off the gun like all the other jumps to prep for IK rules.
- Added IK for holding rifle with different arm proportions.
- Changed blending values in run direction blendspace.
- Some renames of running assets for organization with new dual blendspace run scheme.
- Anim blueprint cleanup.
- Deleted old out of date anim blueprints, blendspaces and animations that should no longer be in use.
Engine and Editor
- Fixed splitscreen rendering.
- Fixed multi-client PIE crash.
- Back to Test config for everything.
- Put LODBias in for textures, first pass, everything down to 2048 max.
- Don't force path rebuild on save and instead show a warning if paths are out of date.
- Fixed selecting 'build paths' in the editor menu not building jump paths right away
- Fixed ingame "navmesh needs to be rebuilt" message not appearing in the proper situations.
- Build geometry no longer triggers a navigation rebuild when auto update navigation is not enabled.
- Fixed a case where path building was using blocking mode when it shouldn't.
- Fixed some cases of pathing being built in inaccessible areas.
- Fix editor build stripping non-pdbs.
- Merged blueprint inherited component fixes.
- Changed ModifyDamage() event signature to work around blueprint compiler bugs.
- First pass at a mesh scatter tool.
- Added an ApplicationStart and ApplicationStop analytic event.
- Avoid stats operations while in PIE or standalone games.
- Disabled obsolete non-uniform collision map warning.
- Fixed rare debug mode crash.
- Fixed a float precision issue that prevented some jump paths from being generated correctly.
- Display a progress bar for jump path generation.
- Deleted obsolete effects properties from UTProjectile.
- Improved "show navigation" view in the editor to more clearly show node areas and individual connections.
- UNREALTOURNAMENT_API for everything.
- Fixed redirector crashes.
- Send map checksum when cloud sharing maps.
- Don't add Content/Paks to cloud share array.
- Moved blueprint replicated property handling to UBlueprintGeneratedClass instead of an inaccessible static (mod/plugin support).
- Exposed some game rules to blueprint defaults.
- Mutators default to Game.ini.
- bForceRespawn make EditDefaultsOnly and config file accessible
- Allow ESC to close the login dialog.
- Fixed a crash with people spaming ESC while starting match.
- Changed "return to main menu" UI to invoke console command "disconnect" so it uses a non-hardcoded default map and correctly discards existing URL options.
- Fixed being able to open duplicate mutator config menus from the create game panel.
- Added a socal settings menu.
- Added the ability to suppress toasts when in an online game.
- You can now change the enable/disabled state of UTDialog buttons.
- Made the GameSetup dialogs disable their Ok/Play/Lan buttons until a ruleset is picked.
- Fixed the input password dialog box.
- Restored the HUD Settings dialog and updated it to the proper styles.
- Moved FOV setting to player settings; it is now saved in the profile.
- Fixed attachment preview on player mesh in player settings UI.
- Added Taunt preview to player settings UI.
- When launching a lan match from within the UI shut down any existing lan matches before starting.
- Removed HUD Settings from the HUB lobby menu since it doesn't apply.
- Updated SUTButton to support setting the Pressed/UnPressed state
- Different rules for telefragging by teleporter and translocator - if teleporter, no min overlap, and shieldbelt doesn't block telefrags.
- Don't give kill credit for environment kills caused by teammates.
- Only allow one physics constraint on a ragdoll at a time to avoid breaking the physics.
- Fixed drowning giving the "fell to death" message.
- Fixed characters continuing to take drowning damage after they are dead.
- Fixed player restart not respecting MinRespawnDelay.
- Jump boots respawn time increased to 45 seconds.
- Instagib mutator no longer removes jump boots.
- Arena mutator spawn protection reduced to 0.5 seconds.
- Added cylindrical lift variant.
- Don't throw enforcer on feign death
- Fixed another crash when playing wrong gametype for map.
- Fix crash on exit if touching a jump pad.
- Fix for jump pad touching crashing garbage collection.
- Fixed spree ended message not displayed if the player reached a spree level of rampage or higher.
- Fixed taunt2 not checking entitlements.
- Suicide on changing player character while feigning death due to physics issues (and really, why would you do that).
- Fixed a case where you could evade fall damage recovering from feign death at just the right moment.
- Player visual changes (team skin, player mesh, etc) don't affect prior corpses.
- Make sure health is 0 before death handling.
- Skill token persistently saved during basic training
- Tweaked SkillToken ambient sound.
- Skill Tokens destroy properly on clients.
- Fixed offensive bots not correcting returning the friendly flag when it is dropped.
- Fixed bots getting confused after halftime of asymmetric CTF maps.
- Fixed bots dodging off the world in some edge cases.
- Fixed case where bots would get stuck near the end of a squad alternate route.
- Improved bot handling of teleporting objects.
- Improved bot pathing through and around jump pads.
- Mark bots ready to play immediately.
- Fixed bots' bio rifles showing the 1p bio glob effect.
- Fixed multiple bot aiming bugs that prevented them from properly applying aim error in various situations.
- Fixed bot crash when trying to play CTF on an unsupported map.
- Fixed bots not consistently targeting the correct spot on players who are feigning death.
- Fixed bots requested by name not readying up.
- Now have fall-back default leader hat for leaders to use if they haven't selected a hat.
- Fix cosmetic crash if they don't have a primitive component.
- Can remove hat during game using player settings menu.
- Hair morph target support.
- Save score in stats
- Fixes to avoid writing blank stats.
- Revamped the way that dropped players get stats written so they will do ELO calculations.
Previous Version Notes