Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 5/28/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Frag Center in game for viewing community submitted videos and news.
- Polish and improvements for Enhanced Spectator System.
- Polish and improvements for first person spectating.
- New map shells DM-Solo, DM-MorbiasTest, and CTF-Mine.
- In game match stats displayed on the scoreboard.
- UI support for custom match creation for standalone and hub matches.
- New Air Rocket and Amazing Combo reward announcements.
- New duel focused map DM-Solo, classic map DM-MorbiasTest, and aysmmetrical CTF map CTF-Mine.
- Fixed Bigrock WeaponShield BP playing pawn entry effects in the wrong location.
- Rebuilt paths and lighting.
- Fixed Malcom Statues with the old mesh being replaced.
- Added a normal health pickup behind the Sniper tower.
- Can no longer get out of map.
- Fixed window exploit.
- Updated with low detail settings and less blue lighting.
- Renamed DM-Circuit to Outpost23_Shell.
- Rebuilt paths on DM-Deadfall and DM-DeckTest.
- Rebuilt and updated Example_Map info frames.
- Tweaks to Flak Cannon primary fire.
- Translucent trail on Rocket grenades to make them easier to track.
- Reduced momentum imparted by shock balls.
- Fixed not having first person footstep sounds with hidden weapons.
- Actually hide main weapon mesh with hidden weapons in addition to moving it behind the camera.
- Fixed enforcer left mesh not being hidden in 3p/hidden weapons.
- Fixed some projectiles being able to hit through thin walls, particularly lifts.
- Use new trace type for translocator disk - defaults to same properties as previously but allows blocking volumes to block only translocators or only characters.
- Added shell casing audio to Enforcer.
- Fixed unlimited ammo cheat for shock combos and link pull.
- Improved Flak Cannon first person mesh visuals by fixing ambient occlusion, and using it as a test for vertex shader allowing full size mesh with no clipping.
Current Match Stats
- Improved CTF scoring play summary and presentation.
- Added team scoring stats breakdown for all team game types, including each team's top killer, top scorer, and top K/D ratio.
- Added individual stats pages for each player, currently including a scoring details stats page and a weapon stats page.
- Highlight player's best weapon, and weapon kills that have achieved reward level.
- Track stats for armor pickups and powerup control.
- Added rating system and reward announcement for impressive shock combos.
- Added stats display for headshots, air rockets, combo kills, and best combo rating.
- Adjusted CTF scoring values and rules, and now display scoring details as part of current match stats.
- Now track flag grabs (off enemy base).
- Keep track of and display top flag runner, defender and support role in CTF team stats.
- Fixed clamping velocity when slide ends with player falling.
- Tweaked LandingAssistBoost to match with LandingStepUp.
- Improved shockball/shock combo in net games by using consistent client view of projectile position when possible.
- More fixes for player ragdolls in net games.
- Fixed camera going into ground issues with feigning and death cameras in net games.
- Clamp frame rate based on negotiated netspeed.
- Fixed issue causing errors in ping calculations.
- Fixed replication crash.
- Made some UTGameState properties replicate initial only.
- Fixed crash in ClientReceiveLocalizedMessage() if the received message type is invalid (bad call or networking serialization failure).
- Increased HTTP timeout to 10 minutes.
HUD and Scoreboards
- HUD clock/score widget clean up/polish.
- Adjust flag HUD widgets to fit new HUD layout better.
- Don't show team victory message at end of duel match.
- Weapon bar now shows bound keys for weapon slots.
- Added goalscore info to CTF scoreboard header.
- Tweaked player beacon alpha.
- Cleaned up font use, got rid of unneeded fonts.
- Armor pickup messages show amount picked up.
- Scoreboard now controls whether to draw spectator message or not, incorporating it into the scoreboard footer when necessary.
- Adjusted position of console message widget.
- Hooked up new friendly - don't fire crosshair.
- Tweaked in-world flag icon scale and opacity.
- Reduce in world flag indicator opacity when near the crosshair.
- Scale in-world flag icons based on distance to them.
- Adjusted death message color.
- Scoreboard layout fixes.
Hubs and Server Browser
- Fixed QuickMatch games not removing quickmatch from the url.
- Added code to skip unresponsive hubs during quickmatch.
- Fixed crash when entering a hub.
- Changed how hubs and create game manage bots and player limits.
- Fixed a bunch of hub bugs from the new system
- Fixed crash going from HUB -> single player via the console.
- Hooked up Server Trust levels to the ServerData that's pulled from MCP.
- Added Raxxy's server icon..
- Don't allow quickmatch to a password protected hub.
- Fixed hubs not aborting matches properly.
- Fixed banned players being able to join a match in progress.
- You now auto-ready up when entering a match in the lobby.
- Hosts can start the match when players are not ready.
- kick voting that temp bans a player for the rest of the map.
- Fixed a possible crash bug in the lobby that Raxxy is seeing.
- First pass new translocation effect.
- Hooked up parts of the new pickup effects (incomplete)
- Added GPU particles to link gun primary fire.
Characters and Animation
- Added first pass additive system for enforcer to start sharing more animations.
- Added a new rule to allow blending directly to the sliding anims from the jump state.
- Added option to blend from landing state to slide.
- Polished left arm motion and posing for enforcer running additives.
- Added anims and support for additive strafe running with enforcer.
- Added new idle for pistol and additive pose for pistol idle.
- fixed rules allowing running transitions being played while crouching
- Removed most of the linear damping from the character physics asset because it caused an exploit-friendly terminal velocity.
- Weld cosmetics when attaching
- New in game web page for viewing community submitted videos and news.
- Can open up a separate web page to navigate to outside links.
Enhanced Spectating System
- When spectating in third person, camera now automatically tried to maintain optimal orientation when following a player.
- Holding left mouse gives the spectator camera rotation control when following a player in third person.
- New best camera manager automatically switches to camera with currently the best action, if spectator hasn't assumed manual control of camera switches (by switching manually).
- Return to auto best camera with the <home> key.
- Added powerup timers to spectator slide out, with team icon identifying the power up in team games with multiple powerups of that type on the map.
- Show equipped weapon on spectator slide out.
- Show all players on spectator slide out, even if they don't have a camera bind, and fill in empty bind slots in spectator viewplayer binds (due to players dropping).
- Scale name rather than pulsing bar color on spectator slide out for in action players.
- Improved scalability of spectator slide out, and reduced its size.
- Added skull on slide out for dead players.
- Send personal localized messages like reward messages to spectators viewing player as well as owning player.
- Third person camera traces no longer blocked by pawns.
- Fixed spectator camera issues at halftime.
First Person Spectating
- Added support for first person spectating showing the weapon and firing effects (not fully matched up to real state on clients)
- Eye smoothing fixes for spectating.
- Fixed a lot of cases where first person spectator wanted to be treated just like the controlling player.
- Make sure first person weapon movement is smooth by making offset always updated after player eyeoffset update.
- Don't forward predict viewed client.
- Show centered kill messages when spectating in first person.
- Fixed team coloring spectator HUD to match viewed player's team.
- Fixed crosshair when spectating in first person.
- Fixed link gun alt beam not going away correctly when first person spectating.
- Fixed spectator notifies for viewed player getting hit.
Engine and Editor
- LibDWARF to give line numbers in callstacks on linux.
- Fixed lighting builds invalidating navigation.
- Disallow "show" console command in shipping builds.
- Marked Add/RemoveInventory on UTCharacter as BlueprintAuthorityOnly to match correct usage.
- Duel defaults to 10 minutes.
- Fixed inventory/character ModifyDamageTaken() event to be usable in blueprints.
- UTGameObjective is blueprintable
- GitHub pull request #180 by RattleSN4K3 - add CreateInventory() to make it easier for blueprints to grant inventory
- Fixed crash with editing blueprint HudWidgets.
- Merged gamemode blueprint compatibility coming in UE 4.8.
- Added bIsNewSpawn parameter to ModifyPlayer().
- Added ModifyInventory() to allow modifying items after they are added to a character's inventory.
- Added author and description mutator fields
- Fixed mounteddownloadedcontentchecksums map having incorrect key entries. Thanks Sir Brizz/cardonator.
- DefaultCharacterInventory BlueprintReadWrite.
- UNREALTOURNAMENT_API pass on UTHUDWidget classes.
- Added WIP generic door blueprints.
- Custom Match Creation Menu
- Support for custom single player, LAN, and hub match creation.
- Hub custom matches do not yet support mutators.
- Hub custom matches require the creating client to already have any custom content used downloaded.
- Default to one map selected, and removed 6 map selection limit when creating matches.
- Added a scrollbar to the map list on the lobby menu to support more than 6 maps.
- Non-team game rulesets default to 6 players max, and 6 bots in standalone.
- Team game rulesets default to 12 players max, and 10 bots in standalone.
- Tweaked gametype categories for creating matches.
- Added Mouse acceleration options in control settings UI.
- Workaround for crash loading mutators with UMG config menus.
- Fixed default taunt settings.
- Fixed display issues and potential crash in SUWGameSetupDialog if it is left open for a while.
- Make sure to close custom mutator config menus when the create game panel is closed.
- Audio setting dialog will set the sound volume while you manipulate the slider.
- Binding two weapon switch commands to the same key now works.
- Fixed Action mappings ordering issues causing controls to not be consistently bound after using controls menu.
- Fixed Auto-detecting settings LMB spam sillyness.
- Raised the profile cooldown time.
- Fixed mutator config menus popping up behind other menus.
- Turn down sound when showing a web panel.
- Added mutator to turn off weapon stay.
- Reduced armor vest and thighpads armor absorption to 60%.
- Fixed Instagib mutator preventing jump boots from dropping.
- Fixed players with auto weapon switch turned off starting with impact hammer equipped.
- Added air rocket kill reward message.
- Fixed dropped pickups not being cleaned up after halftime.
- Fixed translocator collision on various tutorial blueprints.
- Fixes for reported crashes.
- Added cylindrical variant of the team deco weapon shield.
- Added support for self contained shield understanding enter/exit properly.
- Fixed character teleport when mesh is set after ragdolling.
- Volume tweaks to flag pickup/drop audio.
- Shorter end of match delay for non-CTF game types.
- Fixed jump paths being generated in cases where the jump arc crosses a KillZVolume and fixed some rare cases where they are generated through walls.
- Added a new version of AI projectile toss analysis that takes into account targets with size as well as cases where overshooting the target is acceptable (translocator) - significantly improves AI translocator usage.
- Fixed bots getting stuck under lifts (requires path rebuild).
- Prevent bots from trying to 'hide' on nodes like jump pads.
- Fixed some issues with bot lift jump handling.
- Fixed bots continuing to fight after half/game end in some situations.
- Fixed a rare AI crash.
- Improved AI handling of lifts and short hops.
- Fixed rare bot crash in level with no paths.
Previous Version Notes