Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 9/8/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Pre-match player introductions.
- Post-match top player highlights.
- Capture the Flag polish.
- Lots of fixes and improvements to Hubs and Quickmatch.
- Support for map vote on standalone servers.
- Improved playercard with additional information and current match stats.
- Improved custom content redirect system, with support for join in progress.
- Improvements to experimental Showdown game mode.
- Focus on game stability and crash fixes.
- Removed pool that contained invisibility, moved invisibility to top of tower where it can be accessed with jump boots.
- Tweaked waterfall area, added pillar for additional cover and wall-dodge shortcuts.
- Lowered top floor of tower slightly.
- Increased size of cannon trap.
- Minor tweaks to Stinger area for better flow/combat spaces.
- Increased trigger zone for monster so he still comes up if you fall off near jump boots, made him a little bigger.
- Fixed mismatched elevator speeds behind flag.
- Added DM-Lea to default TDM/Duel/Showdown map lists.
- Added DM-Chill to default Showdown map list.
- Updated tutorials.
- Added equip animations for Sniper rifle.
- Updated Sniper fire anim to have more recoil and not move so far to center screen.
- Fixed thrown weapons getting incorrect velocity in some cases if they collide with the world on their first frame of movement.
- Fixed headshots on crouched players.
- Possible fix for impact hammer shield rarely failing to block projectiles in net games.
- No friendly fire damage to redeemer missiles.
- Make sure guided redeemer missile always spawns, even in tight space where it will instantly blow up.
- Third person translocator now has team colours.
Match Summary Screens
- Pre-Match player intro shows all players on each team before match starts.
- Post Match summary shows highlights for top players in match.
- At end of post match summary, shows your own highlights and any unlocks/progression.
- Fixed ghost image on dynamically spawned pickups sometimes not working correctly for clients.
- OnRep function for WorldGravityZ to fix clients sometimes not getting bWorldGravitySet set.
- No replication condition for non-replicated web properties in bioshot.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with how pickup replication is handled.
HUD and Scoreboards
- Fixed showing match scoring summary and stats at halftime and end of match.
- Reduced size of enemy name display near the crosshair.
- Don't show targeting circles on invisible players (Sniper zoom reticle and guided redeemer).
- Show pending team swaps on scoreboard during match, and don't draw score if have team swap request.
- Fixed CTF scoreboard player stats text overlap issues.
- Don't show scoreboard arrow keys message before match starts.
- Use female versions of messages when appropriate (suicides, etc.).
- Drawing charging indicator for impact hammer.
Characters and Animation
Characters and Animation
- Weighting adjustment for wrists on malcolm 1stP model.
- Updated shoulder position when holding sniper rifle to reduce arm/wrist stretching.
- First person hands no longer receive decals.
- Fixed animation breaking on clients when retrieving character head location.
- Use hands anim length instead of weapon anim length for bringup/putdown timing, if available.
- Do not allow freezing taunt anims while match is in progress.
- Fixed taunt anims permanently freezing the character on dedicated server.
- Fixed misc other minor taunt issues.
- Updated crouch additive base, rifle poses and movement additives with new posing for more headroom.
- Updated crouch to use new Enforcer and Dual Enforcer additives.
- Updated all crouch additives and base anims to position inside capsule more uniformly.
- Added a scale for landing that takes your velocity when impact happens and uses that to scale the blend of the landing anim from an idle. 0-700 is the scale with anything faster than 700 being the same.
- Can now click on player names in Stats page match history to open their stats.
- Fixed link beam shots and hits stats accumulation.
- Fixed stats not refreshing if you change accounts.
- CTF stats for captures, returns, assists saved to persistent stats database.
- New layout for displaying persistent stats from _Lynx.
- Include map name in match stats.
- Sanitize ELO correctly.
- Render showdown map underneath scoreboard.
- Fixed some positioning on showdown map to reduce overlap.
- Fixed camera clipping at end of Showdown rounds for victorious player
- In Showdown replace Redeemer with Invisibility instead of removing it.
- Reduced the brightness of the map so that white icons (boots, etc) show up.
- Fixed winner's weapon in a showdown round sometimes stuck firing during intermission.
- Worked around a Slate mouse visibility issue triggered by the Showdown map.
- Showdown powerup breaker spawning prioritizes spots away from walls.
- Fixed Showdown intermission display issue.
- Destroy corpse(s) from previous round when starting a new one.
- Fixed Showdown x-ray breaker prototype not working in single player.
- Fixed xray breaker trigger time.
- Improved player card formatting, added avatar pic.
- Show all ranking badges in playercard.
- Tweaks to playercard score page.
- Added weapon accuracy stats to playercard weapon tab.
- Fixed stats id not showing up for local player when out of match.
- Blank out the ID: section if there's no stats id to show.
- Autodetect sets framerate cap based on monitor refresh rate.
- Clear flag on scalability cvars so the default benchmark works properly.
- Don't tick timeline components while deactivated.
- Turned off bGenerateOverlapEvents for bioshot meshes.
- Turned off bShouldUpdatePhysicsVolume for PawnOverlapSpheres of projectiles.
- Static mobility by default on pickup bases.
- Cosmetics use bAttachParentBound.
- bUseAttachParentBound pass on weapon and weapon attachment.
- Rocket glow particle systems should use parent attach for bounds.
- Minor optimizations to character anim blueprint.
- Play "team wins match" message for spectators.
- Fixed tac-com overlay getting lost if a player loses their shield belt;
- Show binds for auto camera, show camera binds, and toggle slideout on slide out (unless viewer is a caster).
- Slide out is on by default when spectator.
- Player camera rating always gives a positive score so someone will always be picked.
- Abbreviate numpad keys on spectator slideout.
- Fixed spectator "now viewing" message with very short player names.
- Show 0 on slide out next to 10th player.
- Hide powerup widget on HUD if camera binds are displayed.
- Fix spectator click+drag behavior to avoid edge of screen issues.
- Spectator pickup messages only show the pickup numbers for duel and showdown.
- Adjusted the logic for picking a match for quick match.
- Quickmatch will now prefer hubs with friends on them.
- Now select the proper # of bots when starting a quickmatch instance.
- Only consider Epic hubs for quickmatch.
- Added a timeout for when quickmatch is waiting back for a hub to say it has room.
- Give replay spectator a real name so is recognizable.
- Replay browser rework WIP.
- Fix events stacking in replay bar when viewed player changes.
- Improved multikill replay bookmark description.
- Fixed nullptr crash in UTTeamInfo.
- Fixed crash in spectatormessage HudWidget.
- Fixed crash on client level change when some replicated Actors have been torn off.
- Fixed crash in FOnlineSessionNull::CancelFindSessions().
- Fixed crash in serverstartfire().
- Fixed Announcer crash.
- Fixed rare crash when joining at the end of a team game.
- Fixed two crashes on exit.
- Fixed crash when changing weapon number binds.
- Fixed rare map vote crash.
- Fixed potential pickup crash.
- Fixed crashes due to third party libs not using our allocators.
- Fixed hub display crash.
- Always gracefully handle null world in primitive stats.
- Dedicated servers for UT should stage needed engine content for crash reporter.
- Windows dedicated servers should run crashreporter in unattend mode.
- Linux dedicated servers should launch crash reporter with -unattended.
- Try to avoid Mac editor cooking issue where it claims that PakFile is out of date
- Fixed mouse position setting/reporting in fullscreen mode on Mac.
- Fixed client crash on mac when viewing replays.
- Fixed bug where changing the display settings from windowed fullscreen to fullscreen would cause bottom half of screen to disappear.
Mod and custom content support
- Fixed custom content on standalone dedicated servers.
- Added ability for games to have custom control channel messages.
- Redirect system now works for join in progress.
- It is no longer necessary in the game mode or hub ruleset to specify the pak files for the gametype, map, or mutators.
- Fixed issue with asset registry loading from custom content.
- Exposed ParseOption, HasOption and GetIntOption to blueprints for Mutators.
- Added actor UTGenericObjectivePoint that LDs can place in maps to provide custom gametypes with good objective locations (domination points, etc).
- StringAssetReferences and StringClassReferences in native CDOs now cause the linked object to be cooked.
- Fixed DefaultPawnClass/PlayerPawnObject so that blueprints can set DefaultPawnClass in defaults again.
- Added cook handling for TAssetPtr and TAssetSubclassOf.
- Remerged asset registry trimming,
- Moved transdisk light component up, so it isn't underground when disk has landed.
- Made translocator disk trail more visible.
- Added translocator landed beacon.
- Tweaked duration of particle effects for translocator warp streaks.
- Increased opacity of sniper tracer effect.
- Added BioRifle death effects.
- Added base effect to powerups and weapons.
- Made shock combo effect more translucent.
- Rocket explosion effect alphas out faster.
- Added sparks to grenades to make them more visible.
- Updated Shock Rifle barrel fx to remove fx that were incompatible with panini.
- Fixed Instagib Rifle not showing in custom crosshair menu.
- Added audio menu option to enable or disable bot speech.
- Fixed tutorial menu completion status display.
- Fixed issue in controls menu with keybinds being unable to change with duplicate binds.
- Fixed Mouse Over/Press sounds not working on the main menu.
- Removed bot configuration menu - it's not how we plan to support this kind of functionality.
- Added a button to show the player's player card from the main menu.
- Fixed Custom crosshair settings not propagating to other default hud classes when saving.
- Fixed map vote not being able to open after closing it.
- ViewBob and Mouse acceleration settings now save to profile.
- Fixed cosmetic settings not properly updated when changing profiles.
- Pass no-cache in profile item read to reduce chance that we get stale results.
- Unified the rank icons in hub, playercard and on scoreboard (temp graphics).
- Tilt view back if turn head while sliding.
- Player is always on blue team in standalone.
- In CTF, after a half match length of time has elapsed in overtime with no score, the respawn delay increases to 10 seconds and continues increasing by 3 seconds per additional minute of play.
- Show all players (including dead ones) at half-time/EOM. Added second ring so don't run out of spots for players.
- Fixed flag size changing when held/dropped to be consistent.
- Made flag collision radius larger.
- Fixed giving assist credit to players that assist flag cap by killing enemies threatening the flag carrier.
- Fixed jump pads with lowgrav mutator.
- Fixed death messages and scoring for friendly fire kills.
- Fixed various cases where bCanPickupItems still didn't work.
- Fixed RespawnWaitTime not working.
- Guided redeemer driver now has HUD beacon.
- Never ever use wrong team playerstart.
- Remove switchteams() exec command, changeteams is the right exec command.
- Added a FriendlyFire mutator (?Mutator=FriendlyFire)
- FriendlyFire Mutator - Added the option "DamPerc=[0..100] that controls the damage percentage.
- FriendlyFire Mutator - Added the option "MomPerc=[0..100] that controls the momentum percentage.
- NOTE! both percs are integers 0 - 100 (or more if you so choose) not 0.0 - 1.0.
- Renamed Mutator_WeaponRespawn to Mutator_WeaponStayOn.
- Added Mutator_WeaponStayOff.
- New reload sounds for Sniper Rifle, Flak Cannon, Shock Rifle, and Rocket Launcher.
- Added TeleportInSound and TeleportOutSound to UTTeleporter, hooked up with sounds.
- Added new placeholder bot voicepacks from UT2004.
- Global taunt index so different bots don't repeat same taunt.
- BotCharacter data now has editable CharacterVoice property, bots set their voice to this.
- Set appropriate bot character voices for existing bot assets.
Hubs and Servers
- Map vote on standalone dedicated servers
- Fixed chat in hubs when players return from a match.
- Fixed instability in hub/map vote player list sorting.
- Don't allow spectators to vote to kick.
- Added an additional status message for quick match.
- Fixed arena mutator on hubs.
- Fixed custom games getting bots if they try to set a custom player count, even if "no bots" is selected.
- Fixed another case where bots could slip into a hub instance when not desired.
- Don't show bots on player list panel.
- Don't let spectators vote for maps.
- Host of hub instance can't kick or ban himself.
- Fixed assigning players to spectate in DM lobbies.
- Added a lock icon for Hub servers that are password protected.
- Fixed Hub server sorting in server browser.
- Fixed friends who join via join request getting pulled back into an instance when returning to the hub.
- Don't force menus to close when attempting to connect, wait until we actually start travelling.
- Added the Game type display name to custom matches.
- Join/spectate buttons in the server/Hub browser now disable if they don't apply to that match.
- Fixed some connection failure dialogs not displaying.
- Fixed "you need to get this map from the marketplace" message not appearing correctly.
- Better support for matches that can't be joined in progress or spectated.
- Hooked up the match flags so that they would work right and display in the match list.
- Fixed non-hosting clients seeming to be booted out of a starting match that didn't allow join in progress.
- Fixed the Match title taking up too much room and pushing the join/spectate buttons off of the menu.
- Show training grounds hubs to everyone, but restrict entry.
- Removed showing "no spectators" lock for hub matches, and show either "private" or "ranked", not both.
Previous Version Notes