Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 9/16/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- New playable visual bar CTF level Titan Pass (based on the CTF-Outside shell).
- New playable visual bar CTF level Facing Worlds.
- New playable visual bar CTF level Pistola Battleground, from community contributor Jayoplus.
- Necris Female is now playable in game.
- Skaarj Trooper is now playable in game.
- Polished versions of new Sniper Rifle (from community contributor Aberiu), Rocket Launcher, and Link Gun.
- New Pre-Alpha Season progression system and unlockable content.
- New Offline challenges allow you to test yourself against bots.
- Main menu update.
- Improved bot CTF AI.
- Titan Pass
- Facing Worlds
- Pistola Battleground
- Tweaks to waterfall area. Removed low pillar created a bit more open space around the ramp.
- Visual polish of Rocket Launcher first and third person mesh, animations, and materials.
- Visual polish of Link Gun mesh, animations, and material.
- Updated Sniper Rifle material.
- Adjusted first person weapon positions to prevent corner screen camera clipping.
- Added display screen material to Rocket Launcher and Link Gun.
- Translocator disks don't follow player through teleporter redirect portal.
- Turn off redeemer missile collision on impact so it can’t mess up lifts.
- Fixed alt (guided) redeemer shot not firing when player is pressed up against wall.
- Possible fix for very rare weapon crash
- Fixed weapon fire getting desynchronized if hold fire through a weapon running out of ammo and switching.
- Force simulated characters to follow lifts even if slightly encroached replicated position.
- Fixed kicked player not dying properly, breaking CTF among other things.
HUD and Scoreboards
- Updated crosshairs to have super subtle black accents for visibility when aiming against whiter/brighter surfaces.
- Force balance teams before showing player intro.
- Fixed player intro player offsets with <4 players in shot.
- Reduced size of Enforcer and Impact Hammer crosshairs.
- Don't unhide both teams in post match if player closes summary screen.
- Fixed force streaming Hat textures in match summary screens.
- Fixed using female version of suicide messages when appropriate.
- Fixed rare crash in AUTHUD::PostRender().
Performance and memory optimization
- Regenerated LODs for the new weapons.
- Reduced particle count for translocator disk trail.
- Slate memory optimization, save 60 megs
- Better texture streaming settings on low end
- Increased texture pool sizes at medium and epic texture detail levels.
- Don't show powerup widget when displaying spectator slideout.
- Properly show flag messages for spectator viewing someone in first person.
- Added Chasing Voids music to CTF Big Rock.
- Increased Facing Worlds music volume slightly.
- Improved bot flag carrier combat logic.
- Implemented advanced AI hunting logic, substantially improves bots tracking down enemy flag carriers.
- Implemented bot defense points
- Bots hold onto translocator less when they don't have immediate plans to use it.
- Fixed an edge case where bots would insist on trying to telefrag the enemy flag carrier.
- Slightly decreased low skill bot aiming ability.
- Fixed bots that fired another weapon's alt fire then switched to the translocator sometimes not properly calculating translocator disc arcs.
- Fixed bots sometimes jittering and/or not looking in the proper direction when camping/sniping.
- Workaround for rare bot lift issue.
Engine and Editor
- No core dumps on Linux.
- Fixed crash when invalid FBX file is being imported.
- Fixed powerup overlay sometimes not being visible on weapons if it's not the first time that life the player had one.
- Tweaked helmet hit effect.
- Fixed offset of rocket launcher third person load lights.
- Fixed link gun beam being a frame behind.
- Added support for overlay materials to include a particle effect attached to the overlay.
- Hooked up UDamage pickup effects.
- New CTF flag mesh, with cloth physics when being carried.
- Fixed character material having blown out rim shader at distance.
- New main menu background for pre-alpha season
- New loading screen.
- Don't show previous and next options on playercard if only one player is present.
- Fixed pause key binding
- Stop the Mapvote from being re-added to the viewport on level transition.
- Updated basic training UI to match current main menu better.
- Fixed map vote causing input loss
- Prestream hat textures in player settings menu.
- Tweaked weapon stats page in playercard.
- Added an audio cue when you open the pause menu.
- Fixed network messages causing slate to get into an unresponsive state
- Fix for lifts getting encroached because of error introduced by world to local to world transforms pushing player into wall.
- When in ragdoll take "falling" damage for high velocity in any direction, not just down
minor effects optimizations.
- Added admin control for restarting CTF matches in progress with desired initial conditions.
- Fixed freezing taunts working in some cases where it's not supposed to
- Fixed killing flag carrier at point blank sometimes not returning the flag because it was already touching at time of drop.
- NoCollision collision option shouldn't collide with Translocator disk.
- Fixed potential crash in AUTCharacter::PositionUpdated().
Hubs and Servers
- Now support private matches in a hub. Player creating the match lobby must invite other players to join.
- Proper join error for failure to join match in progress.
- Better quickmatch not found message.
- Fixed very rare dedicated server crash.
- Don't create map vote replication data until the map vote is about to start and use a much faster path to convert short map names in the map list to long path names.
- Fixed rare quickmatch crash.
- Removed the quick match time restriction when you successfully connect to a quick match.
- Fixed team coloring not resetting in the player list when a hub switches from a team game to a non-team game.
- The match info popup now shows the rule information
- When switching between DM and team games in lobby, update player team settings.
- Hid the hub star indicator until the backend supports it.
- Added MaxPlayersInLobby (config - UTLobbyGameMode in Game.ini) that controls the max # of players allowed in the lobby.
- Fixed the menus allowing you to join in progress when you shouldn't.
- Made the SessionInfo reject people if join in progress is disabled.
- Moved control over your invite to the match info so it’s persistent for the life of the invite.
- No ELO matching on training ground servers - beginner ELOs are not very indicative of skill yet.
- Don't ELO check beginners for quickmatch joining.
- Fixed Hubs blanking their instance information when you select them due to ping coming back.
- Fixed endless pinging of hubs in the browser.
- Fixed a case where a player could return to a hub and get set back in to a match instance that was quitting out. This caused them to show up as "Playing" or "In Match" when they were in fact sitting in the hub.
- Added additional checks to handle when a player is in a match but not in the owner's match for the player list.
- The MatchPanel should now properly update its map when it changes.
- Removed the "hide unjoinable instances" button.
- Adjusted the ShowInDock code to ignore player counts so matches don’t temporarily hide when they transition.
Previous Version Notes