Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 10/01/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Updated Facing Worlds map.
- New map shells CTF-Quick and DM-RGB
- Focus on stability, fixed most known crash issues.
- Fixed issues with Quickplay.
- Fixed issues with Offline Challenges, and made the highest skill player team bots better.
- Fixed issues with progressions and unlocks.
- Bot AI improvements.
- Facing Worlds
- Fixed some collision bugs.
- Minor visual polish.
- New CTF shell CTF-Quick.
- New DM shell DM-RGB
- Fixed paths on DM-Outpost23, DM-Lea
- Fixed displayed game type names in tutorials.
- No spawn protection in tutorial game mode.
- Fixed tutorial token reward.
Progression and Offline Challenges
- Fixed awarding offline challenge rewards.
- Fixed crash when earning 45th challenge star.
- Increased skill level of some offline challenge bot teammates (Raven, Barktooth, and Dominator) to make the hardest challenges a little easier.
- Only get 50% XP if server is primarily bots.
- Set higher XP multipliers for non-CTF modes.
- Fixed bug where pressing alt-fire while still holding primary would return the translocator disk instead of teleporting player.
- Translocator afterimage applies projectile damage directly instead of teleporting the projectiles.
- Fixed not showing link beam if hitting something less than 50 cm away.
HUD and Scoreboards
- Fixed issue that was preventing the powerup widget from ever drawing.
- Doubled thickness of Enforcer crosshair.
- Taking flag from base updates bots on that player's position (implied by announcement).
- Fixed bot camping behavior.
- Low skill bots never intentionally headshot.
- Rewrote headshot skill check to make more sense.
- Bots properly adjust when they run into a friendly pawn.
- Fixed some issues where bots hunting flag carriers would get stuck with no action.
- Bots use link pull slightly less frequently, unless link gun is their favorite weapon.
- Added some basic AI spawn selection logic for Duel and Showdown.
- Fixed bots not using correct crouch height for pathing.
- Fixed not seeing cosmetic items on bots on local servers.
- Fix to improve audio synchronization when recording a video from a replay.
- Now have Win32 support for recording videos from replays.
- Don't show match summary in replays right now.
Characters and Animation
- Fixed taunting while charging some weapons causing the looping fire effects to get stuck on in 3rd person mode.
- Fixed brief transition to crouch animation when starting slide.
- Improved blending between stop and change direction states.
- Fixed some rare AI crashes
- Fixed rare weapon bringup crash
- Fixed some rare UI crashes.
- Fixed some rare weapon crashes.
- Fixed crash on transition caused by Skaarj hair cleanup bug.
- Fixed mod tutorial weapon.
- Removed various log spam.
Effects and Rendering
- Fixed ragdoll wonkiness when player gets killed by stinger shard and pinned to a wall.
- Fixed swoop and shield belt translucency fighting, shield belt wins.
- Fixed flag cloth looking scrunched when flag is home in net games.
- Changed mip filter to sharpen for most things.
- Added console variable for bloom dirt effect; disabled by default except on Epic settings.
- Used 64bit int to hold memory sizes in FStreamMemoryTracker, to fix the issue with large 32 bit texture pools.
- Blocked cheat cvars from being set by system setting ini.
- Fixed removed players still showing up in pre-match intro.
- Fixed closing match summary screen at end of match.
- Meshed CTF maps show up first in hub and mapvote lists.
- Alt-fire doesn't switch teams during player intro or countdown. #wrongteamjoe
- Pre-stream selected character textures while waiting for ready up.
- Fixed the game taking input while the intro/outtro is up.
- Fix screen percentage setting reverting on cancel in Graphics settings menu.
- Don't apply changes to character, hat, or eyewear during an online game in progress.
- Fixed custom crosshairs not updating when switching profiles in the main menu
- Changed the default map screenshot texture to something less jarring.
- Fixed being able to activate both WeaponStay mutators.
- Style changes to bring the UI in line with the style guide.
- If user has tutorial menu open and changes users, quit back to main menu.
- Reduced spawn protection time. Lose spawn protection on any item pickup.
- Fix for occasional framerate drops after respawn in Duel.
- Increased flagrunpool, more score for flag runners resulting in cap.
- Fixed ragdoll falling damage so that feigning while dodging won’t hurt player.
Hubs and Servers
- Fixed a bug that was causing hubs to choose full quickplay matches which then could not be joined.
- Never fail quickmatch - automatically restart search if fail to join selected quickplay instance for some reason.
- Fixed Hub and match badge information not updating when refresh button is pressed.
- Hub instances in the process of launching are now considered for max instance count.
- Instances that have been launching for > 10 minutes are now automatically timed out and killed.
- Fixed incorrect entitlement failed message when attempting to join a server running a Marketplace map in certain situations.
- Spectators now get their own spot on the lobby player chat list.
Previous Version Notes