Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 10/21/2015
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Spooky version of Facing Worlds with spooky pumpkins and the Boom Broom!
- Special seasonal unlocks.
- Special Halloween offline challenges earn special leader hats.
- Tutorial improvements.
- Weapon balance tweaks.
- Improved custom content download support, with hub button to download all custom content at once, and support for redirects for replays.
- Can now earn XP in offline challenges, with XP bonus for newly earned stars.
- Now support releasing new offline challenges any time. Look for them!
- Improved server admin support, including admin menu.
- Trusted community hubs now give XP and replays. Look for the trusted icon in the hub browser.
Special Halloween Features
- Spooky Face with spooky pumpkins and the Boom Broom!
- Earn special seasonal leader hats by picking up skulls dropped on death on all Epic hubs
- 200 skulls earns the Harvest Gourd.
- 1000 skulls earns the Harvest Spectre.
- 5000 skulls earns the Harvest Ember.
- See your current total on your player card. Earn it and keep it after the season ends!
- Earn special seasonal leader hats for completing the Halloween Offline Challenges
- Five spooky stars earns the Trickster horns.
- Ten spooky stars earns the Hellion horns.
- Fifteen spooky stars earns the Baaler horns.
- Earn the Pumpkin Fiend mask for gathering pumpkins on Spooky Face
- 6666 pumpkins earns the Pumpkin Fiend mask. Earn it and keep it after the season ends!
- Recorded and added ghosts to movement tutorial using variant of ghost BPs based on TimeEh's prototype.
- Added ambient audio.
- Misc. bug fixes.
- No time limit and no match summary for tutorials.
- Titan Pass
- Ambient audio pass
- Fixed some stretchy decals.
- Misc. Bug fixes.
- Weapon layout changes
- Some layout tweaks to the flag bases
- Now support releasing new offline challenges between builds.
- Now can earn progression XP in offline challenges.
- XP granted with bots is scaled by bot skill level.
- Earning challenge stars now gives an XP bonus.
- Separated ClanLord and Malcolm into different teams to make some of the hard challenges easier.
- Tweaked medium challenge teams to make them easier.+
- Reduced challenge time limits to 10 minutes for CTF, 8 minutes for everything else.
- Made first few easy challenges easier.
- Slightly increased shock ball speed.
- Slightly reduced flak shard damage and speed.
- Reduced max damage from FlakShell+shards and made it more consistent by not spawning shards on direct hit and instead directly damaging the hit pawn.
- Reduced the spread of flakshell shards.
- Slightly increased time between impact hammer alt shields.
- Slightly increased minigun primary spin up time.
- Slightly increased minigun alt fire interval.
- Slightly reduced rocket damage radius.
- Fixed bio rifle unable to shoot a final shot with 1 ammo remaining.
- Bio goo, flak shards, stinger shard, and grenades will now damage blocking actors (like damage triggers).
- Player keeps redeemer in hand while guiding remote redeemer missile.
- Updated Sniper first person mesh to use base material & remove glass material.
- Add NotifyTeamChanged to weapon attachments.
- Fixed rare weapon crash.
HUD and Scoreboards
- Include rewards in the killfeed (sprees, multikills, weapon rewards, etc.)
- Health and Armor are shown on player beacons as bars rather than numbers.
- HUD paper doll is team colored.
- Show flag on paper doll if held.
- Added translocator icon for translocator telefrag kills
- Don't show old-style death messages if spectator slideout is out.
- Updated Enforcer crosshair to remove outer black dots.
- Ammo bar on weapon bar use hud opacity settings.
- Distance to draw player beacons is scaled by FOV, so zoomed snipers see them.
- Fixed unnecessary font caching when we scale text (performance improvement).
- Crosshair scaling is the same regardless of resolution.
- First pass support for bots pathing through water areas.
- Fixed various bugs with bots using lift jumps and impact jumps.
- Fixed a bug that caused low skill bots to have perfect instant hit aim in certain edge cases.
- Tweaked bot aiming at various skill levels. Bots are less likely to use weapons proficiently at lower skills.
- Low skill bots never do headshot damage.
- Respect bot speech enabled setting on network clients.
- Redirect bot to wait/camp behavior in error conditions to reduce log spam.
Spectating and Replays
- Replays support redirects (the redirect URL is that at the time of recording, so the endpoint needs to still be live);
- Don't switch spectator camera at instant of death - hold for a second.
- Pulse "now viewing" message when spectated player changes.
- improved replay browser, with alphabetically sorted playerlist and the ability to manually enter player id.
- Fix team color HUD widgets displaying differently for players and spectators.
- "demorec/demoplay" console commands work again to use local files.
- Fixed mouse from jumping to an old location on mouse up in replay window.
Characters and Animation
- Added a bunch of weapon specific match poses for male and female
- Moved all character textures into Character LODs instead of World LODs.
- Added missing IK bones to Skaarj, regenerated lod's with new bones.
- Updated first person anim blueprint to support different idles for different guns, currently additive.
- Updated Sniper Rifle idle to have a better grip on the left hand.
- Updated Link Gun to have separate pull animation.
- Updated Rocket Launcher animations.
- Updated Sniper fire and reload animations, and tweaked scale and position.
- Show monster kill count for extended Monster Kills.
- Reduced spacing between spoken announcements, especially for CTF flag status announcements.
- Fixed not seeing Godlike spree message.
- Don't allow wall running on downward facing surfaces.
- Cancel wall run instantly if feign death.
- Fixed out of order replication causing Characters PlayerState to be set to NULL.
- Don't double spawn bounce effects on net clients with predicted projectiles.
- Added female effort sounds.
- Halloween main menu theme.
- Added footstep notifies to direction change transitions.
- Fixed playing footstep sounds when player is not holding a weapon.
- Separate sounds for team flag taken from base vs enemy flag taken from base.
- Updated Sniper Rifle firing sound.
- New ambient rocket travel sound.
- Fixed water entry sound spam when crouching into water.
- Added ReloadSound array to Weapon, to support reload sounds played for shooter.
- Made PlayerState UpdateReady() and Weapon NeedsAmmoDisplay() blueprint accessible.
- Blueprints now have access to player earned flags and badges.
- Made TimeLimit BlueprintReadWrite so time can be set by blueprints before a game begins.
- Team Showdown work in progress. Can be tried out from custom game tab.
- Hooked up a temp armor icon for the Showdown map.
- Fixed Showdown selected spawn point getting lost if the user clicks at the right time.
Effects and Rendering
- New skeletal mesh gore chunks.
- Reduced time that recently rendered actor is considered relevant for effects.
- Added water footstep splash effects.
- Fixed disabling projectile lights only for non-owners at low detail in net games.
- UTImpactEffect now keeps some explosion effects lights on for instigator at low detail - set up for rocket explosion.
- Added water entry splash effect.
- New UDamage and Berserk effects.
- Pumpkin headshot effect.
- Resized shock ball to match new gameplay collision.
- Updated blood decals & fx.
- Link gun beam turns victims into skeleton (work in progress).
- New disrupted translocator disk effect.
- Hooked up flag capture effect.
- Fixed tracers into skybox disappearing.
- Updated CTF flags to use new flag mesh and physics, and blended animations.
- Added ClothBlendHome and ClothBlendHeld properties to flag actor for artist tweaking.
- See own Shockball light even in low detail mode.
- Fixed FXAA not being the auto set AA mode.
- Halloween splash screens and main menu graphics
- The chatbox attempts to maintain focus when other widgets are being used to make typing easier.
- Better zooming in on the character in the Player Settings menu.
- Don't close menu when looking at playercard in offline match.
- Pause game when the console is opened during an offline match.
- Updated "Clear Game Settings" text and warning message to indicate that all profile data is lost including challenge stars.
- Empty DebugExecBindings in test and shipping builds. Moved ghost mode bindings (on i, o, p) from CustomBindings array to DebugExecBindings array.
- Fixed various crashes in post match summary screens.
- Tweaked marketplace map needed message text.
- Block illegal characters from player names.
- Added ability to separately select leader hat in player settings menu.
- Character changes are not applied during an online match.
- Fixed various issues with XP bar.
- Fix for rare map vote crash.
- Don't pass key events to PlayerInput in match summary.
- Fix player ranks not being set up correctly on first login.
- Fix rank calculation issue if player has more than 2 million matches.
- Don't show teammate as killer if death is caused by environmental damage in team game.
- Get headshot credit if manage to kill target despite inventory effect.
- Added teleport cheat.
- Added WaitToTriggerTime to generic_lift, to delay initial triggering of lift when player steps on it.
- Fixed match start team balancing only moving 1 player even when more need to switch
- Fix for very rare issue where flag counts as home while dropped on the ground
- Improved flag interaction with lifts.
- Fixed giving stats credit for guided redeemer kills.
- Added "Extended overtime" message for when CTF overtime goes to longer respawns, which are now always 10 second delay.
- Fixed pickup bases pointing to the wrong lightmap index.
- Fixed cosmetic attachment to take into account the scale in the blueprint after applying the socket scale.
- Fixed some achievement/entitlement unlock bugs.
Hubs and Servers
- Hubs now have a download all custom content button to make acquiring custom content easier.
- Redirect downloads now make sure the content doesn't already exist locally before starting a new download
- Trusted community hubs now give XP and replays. Look for the trusted icon in the hub browser.
- Fixed the "Refresh" button within the server browser updating all HUB and match badge information.
- Can associate persistent dedicated server instances with a hub.
- Hub=<ip> to say what hub to connect to (or use config var HubAddress)
- HubKey=<key> to set the access key (or use config var HubKey)
- Fixed some issues with hub instance beacon ports.
- Added score and time remaining info to instance callouts.
- Instances now auto-append -log=Instance_XXXXX.log where xxx is a unique id so it’s easier to match logs to instances.
- Updated the UI to display the # of players needed to start a match.
- Changed the rules for starting matches in hubs.
- If the match does not have join in progress selected, it requires a fixed min # of players based on the rule.
- If the match does have join in progress selected and there are no active instances then the match can start right away.
- If the match does have join in progress selected and there are bots enabled then the match can start right away.
- If the match does have join in progress selected but there are no bots, then the min # of players needs to be reached.
- Adjusted the min # of players for CTF to 4.
- Allow players to stay on beginner servers until they have played 50 matches or reached gold 1.
- Fixed client crash in UUTLocalPlayer::OnLoginComplete().
- New Server browser styling to match the guide.
- Hub -> instance chat is now working.
- Added an upper time limit for hub instance games.
- Corrected reporting of matches and players per hub on hub browser
- Force a full server browser refresh when logging out or changing users
- Quickmatch should never fail. Will fall back to less optimal hubs, including non-Epic hubs, if no good match is found.
- Quickmatch CTF will now randomly choose between Titan Pass, Facing Worlds and Spooky Face.
- Beginners using Quickmatch will create rank locked matches on non-beginner servers.
Server Administration and Cheat Prevention
- The new Admin panel.
- Rewrote speedhack detection, now enabled by default.
- Added client message warning about possible speedhack detected, and stop client movement to resolve.
- GameDifficulty, bCasterControl, bBalanceTeams are no longer config.
- Moved the main Rcon access functions into UTBaseGameMode from UTBasePlayerController so that additional processing can be done for hubs and instances.
- Added the exec RconNormal to logout from admin status.
- Added SendRconMessage that can be used to send admin messages to everyone (recurses into instances from a hub).
- Added the AdminDialog so admins can control their servers a bit more. Once logged in as an admin type "adminmenu" at the console.
- Kicks on instances act as temporary bans so the offending player can't rejoin
- When you ban someone, it now stores the player name they were playing under in the ini as well. NOTE: all existing admin bans in inis will have to be redone.
- Admins coming from a hub now ignore the private status of matches. They can enter matches in setup or private instances at will.
- Added hooks for external anti cheat systems.
Previous Version Notes