Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 11/10/2016
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- New community maps available free in the marketplace: Deathmatch maps Batrankus, Unsaved, Backspace, and Salt, plus capture the flag map Polaris.
- Updates to Grenade Launcher, Redeemer, Link Gun and Rocket Launcher functionality.
- AI improvements for bots.
- Added game support for new community maps in the marketplace. Deathmatch maps Batrankus, Unsaved, Backspace, and Salt, plus CTF map Polaris.
- Removed Spooky Face Halloween themed map.
- Facing Worlds
- Rebuilt base interior collision mesh to fix weird collision interaction with the redeemer.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Screen space shadows adjustment
- Pistola Battlegrounds
- Removed WIP maps DM-Vortex, DM-RGB, DM-SidCastle, CTF-Lance, and CTF-Dam from default map rotations.
- Game mode tutorials have intro movies instead of fly throughs.
- Weapon Training
- Fire mode description tweaks for link gun and stinger.
- Movement Training
- Changed dodge tutorial. New behavior is if the user did not use double tap dodge at all, prompt them to turn the feature on/off.
- Grenade Launcher
- Alt-fire now alternates between firing a single sticky grenade and detonating it.
- Adjustments to firing rate and damage for primary and alt grenades.
- Fixed grenade launcher switch priority.
- Grenade launcher time delay before sticky detonation.
- Fixed projectiles not colliding with sticky grenades.
- Link Gun
- Delay cool down slightly so tapping fire button fast is less desireable. 10% more shots before need cooldown.
- Primary fire 4.5% faster firing rate.
- Link pull on release if target held for 0.25 seconds. Secondary (yellow) Beam turns white when link pull is enabled, and red circle appears around reticle.
- Guided redeemer has 20 seconds of fuel.
- Guided Redeemer doesn't get blocked by projectiles, which was causing it to insta-explode.
- Always render guided redeemer outline when unoccluded for both teammates and enemies.
- Slowed redeemer missile down by 15%.
- Fixed delay timer on shot down guided redeemers and increased explosion delay to 2 seconds.
- Made redeemer attachment bigger.
- Rocket Launcher
- Can only lock onto targets with Rocket Launcher when loading up alt fire.
- Lock on takes only 0.5 seconds.
- Seeking rockets move more slowly, seek better than before.
- Seeking rocket nose flashes.
- Rocket lock-on icon is white during lock acquisition, and yellow when lock is acquired.
- Lock icon remains on and red after seeking rocket is fired.
- Multi-rockets have a slightly longer burst interval and are fired in a triangular pattern.
- Shock Rifle
- Hitscan traces from other weapons are no longer blocked by shock balls.
- Primary 3% faster firing rate.
- Sniper Rifle
- Reduced head shot radius scaling when shooter is stopped from 1.8x to 1.4x.
- Show in-world skull indicators for dead players in team game modes.
- Improved Player in-world beacon visibility and health/armor display.
- Never draw player beacons right under the crosshair.
- Use chat font for player beacon names, and scale them down if too long/
- Reduced the size of fonts used in the HUD.
- In world objective icons more opaque, don't allow too close to crosshair.
- Hit indicator more clearly scales with damage amount.
- Auto generated chat messages use same (smaller) font size as player typed chat messages.
- Don't display character call outs in chat feed.
- Reduced size of HUD ammo display.
- Fixed kill skulls on HUD for guided redeemer kills.
- Added indicator on weapon wheel if weapon is out of ammo.
- Show skulls for gibbed players on minimap.
- Damage indicators always point down for caused by world damage.
- Show kill feed on scoreboard
- Fixed team stats positioning on CTF scoreboard.
- Don't allow ready changes while match is starting.
- Fixed offset for Friends icon in scoreboard.
Hubs and Server Browser
- Fixed the hub ping calculation.
- Increased the default hub tickrate.
- Fixed after refreshing the server browser, the join and spectate options are removed.
- Fixed case where the client trying to start a new match instance could be kicked out.
- Fixed the Game Settings menu not displaying all game modes if it is opened too quickly after joining a hub.
- Fixed text chat in the lobby sometimes not working.
Effects and Rendering
- Prevent film tonemapper from getting turned on: was making levels too dark in cooked builds.
- Made screenshakes crisper with linear component to interpolation.
- Added small screenshakes for weapon firing.
- Turn bloom dirt back on for Epic settings
- New temporary armor pickup meshes that are more distinguishable from each other.
- Fixed contact shadow rendering artifacts.
- Remove link beam sparks when hitting pawns.
- Added geometry overlap effect to shock combo effect (at high detail settings)
- Made flak shell bigger.
- Adjusted various projectile visual offsets.
- Fixed flak shell visual offset not being updated.
- Center projectile visual offset with hidden weapons.
- Reduced link projectile emissive.
- Fixed issues with the decal lifetime setting.
- Adjusted flak satellite shards positioning and remove them once shard overlap radius has shrunk to final size.
- Fixed dual enforcer 3p muzzle flash.
- Fix for weapon collision on portion of Redeemer blast effect.
- Fixed rare crash with particle systems destroying render state.
- If not line of sight to killer, spawn a hologram of the killer at the location where he shot from and look at that.
- Only follow killer for three seconds with death cam.
- Deathcam zoom more gentle.
- Adjusted deathcam view position over the body and other improvements.
- Fixed issues with fast-forward/scrubbing. Skip unneeded sound playing and effects playing.
- Fixed frequent Mac client crashes.
- Fixed various other rare crashes.
- Allow using windowed resolutions that are equal to the desktop resolution.
Bots and AI
- Fixed setting bot viewpitch in standalone games. (so bots aim up/down)
- Added support for bots calculating partial paths when an objective is temporarily inaccessible.
- Cached jump capabilities at the start of pathing to improve performance; changed path building to add additional pathnodes to segment large areas better, improving performance when there are lots of paths branching from that area (e.g. CTF-BigRock lowgrav area).
- Fixed some cases where bots weren't using alternate paths when they should.
- Fixed some bot aiming issues when the enemy is close range, especially at lower skill levels.
- Fixed bug with bots targeting enemies that are trying to move through/past them at close range.
- Fixed bots not properly targeting head/feet due to traces hitting certain overlap volumes.
- Fixed a bug where bots would try to begin following their base assault path on a jump pad, causing them to sometimes get stuck on it.
- Fixed crash with bots hunting guided redeemers.
- Fixed jump pads with restricted air control sometimes generating AI paths that can't be reached.
- Fixed pathing on CTF-Plaza.
- Added a flag to UTJumpPad to disable AI trying to air control on the way up for edge cases in some levels where they clip a ledge or outcropping trying to air control too early.
- Improved bot response time to enemies when camping at defense point.
- Improved bots predictively loading rockets.
- Added missing flak cannon AI.
- Improved bot minigun fire mode selection.
- Fixed edge case where bots weren't crouching correctly on crouch paths.
- Added map errors for using unsupported engine navmesh objects.
- Fixed bots getting stuck on the edge of the navmesh in some cases.
Warm up and Pre-Match
- Replaced "you are on deck" with "match is starting" when warm up ends.
- Fixed powerup timers during warm up.
- Switch back to startspot view when match is starting.
- Change viewed start on team change if using team starts.
- Fixed player state after leaving warm up and changing teams.
- Kill the character as well if player leaves warm up while guiding a redeemer.
- Minimum 30 second wait time to start match if it isn't full.
- Increased how long to wait for players in both quickmatch and non-quickmatch scenarios.
- Extended timeout for matchmaking.
- Fixed Player joins their last played offline match when attempting to reconnect to a Quickplay match.
- Fixed slow updating of important UTPlayerstate properties.
- Fixed client side movement prediction error with acceleration handling (thanks Laurent).
- Don't play footstep sounds on server, since they are played client-side.
- Support for configurable server thread sleep times.
- Disabled net dormancy.
- Character and projectile replication frequency and priority tweaks.
- Only check for blocked head shots server side, to avoid client/server mismatches.
- Fixed rally points. Power them up while holding the flag to allow your team to rally to you.
- Instant replay of caps.
- Many other improvements.
- Amplify volume of enemy footsteps behind the player.
- Fixed issues with sound occlusion calculation that were affecting footstep sounds.
- Fixed rocket loading sounds attenuation settings.
- Increased redeemer explosion sound radius.
- Failsafe for ambient sounds not stopping on pawn destruction.
- Added flag pickup stinger played for the new carrier.
- Menu music now loops correctly.
- Fixed sound volume slider tool tips.
Parties and Invites
- When accepting an invite and in a hub, quit back to main menu.
- Leave party if you are disconnected during map load.
- Removed Halloween UI and music
- Re-enabled the fullscreen loading movie.
- Support configuring movie vignettes per map.
- Show name of server/map being loaded over movie when transitioning.
- Fixed the movie crashes.
- Fixed the tutorial menu popping up when you failed a login.
- Player name entry limited to 16 characters in Player Settings menu.
- Fixed Login popup does not always appear after selecting 'Sign In'.
- Fixed other edge case issues with logging in.
- Various slate threading crashes fixed.
- Fixed playercard challenge star formatting.
- Social Icon generates a "Bang" Exclamation point when a new message is received.
- Fixed message that confirms you are leaving the game when screen transitions to post match summary.
- ESC will now act as a back button in the menus.
- Throw focus to the chat bar when the in game menu is brought up.
- Clear the chat text if ESC is pressed to leave the menu.
- Don't start with armor in FFA.
- Fixed ragdoll falling damage issues.
- Health has spawn timers, no pickup base.
- Don't scale self damage when have udamage.
- BP_TeamDoor - disable pawn collision when opening, enable when closing
- Max 10 players in standard TDM rule set.
- Support kill assist tracking for all game modes, enabled by UTGameMode property bTrackKillAssists. Only enabled for FlagRun currently.
- Fixed various issues with leader hat updating.
- Don't ragdoll players who change team during intermissions.
- Amazing combo awards can happen in warm up.
- Don't give hit accuracy credit for damage to self.
- Fixed grenade launcher shots and hits stats.
- Reduced minimum mouse sensitivity setting in UI.
- Use real time for dodge tap timings, so not affected by game speed changes.
- Fixed spacing on the control config dialog so people can find the translocator setting again.
Previous Version Notes