Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 8/29/2016
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Movement and weapon functionality and balance changes
- HUD updates, including horizontal weapon bar option
- New armor system
- New warm up mode before match starts
- Profile and key bindings refactor. All bindings will be reset to defaults.
- Titan Pass
- Collision and visual bug fixes
- Lighting adjustment
- Low spec fallback for sky
- Outpost 23
- Updated materials and lighting
- Fixed wood board LOD materials and aggressive popping.
- Reduced launch sound volume
- Bio Tower
- Corner walls now have weapon collision.
- Slightly reduced GroundFriction 11.0->10.5.
- Character acceleration tweaked 4200->4000.
- Allow air control into and along vertical walls.
- Limit horizontal speed from impulses to DodgeMaxHorizontalVelocity.
- Reduced hop before sliding.
- Hits that don't impart momentum do not slow down slide.
- Removed slight landing damage reduction from slide on land.
- Fixed unable to slide immediately after landing dodge.
- Don't allow dodging off characters.
- Fixed issues with mantling on to ledge when pressed into wall next to it.
- Removed extra scaling of rocket self boost.
- Always move up if pressing up in water. Fixes issues with getting out of water.
- Flak Cannon
- Reduced Flak damage per shard (17->14).
- Reduced bounce damage pct (0.7->0.5).
- Adjusted first person flak cannon size.
- Rocket Launcher
- Increased Grenade toss velocity (1500->1900).
- Reduced grenade bounce randomness.
- Reduced grenade fuse time.
- Longer burst interval for grenades.
- Slightly increased rocket burst interval.
- Rocket Launcher alt- fire can be held for 3 barrels even if run out of ammo.
- Shock Rifle
- Increased shock primary damage (40->45).
- Increased minimum combo damage (30->45) and decreased max combo damage (200->199).
- Minigun alt fires at a higher rate faster smaller shards that don't last as long, do less damage, and no momentum add.
- Link Gun
- Link Gun overheats after shooting a (long) burst of primary fire, shoots slowly until cooled down.
- Link projectile starts with smaller collision and grows quickly after spawning, so less effective at close range.
- Bio Launcher
- Temporarily removed alt fire web functionality until it can be improved.
- Impact Hammer
- Don't change instigator on impact shield slowed projectiles.
- Increased redeemer missile health (35->50).
- Reduced time before explosion after shot down (2.0 ->1.5s).
- Redeemer plays alarm when shot down
- Fixed remote redeemer sometimes getting stuck on owning client when it just misses collision on the server.
- Fixed issues with redeemer being shot down by projectiles.
- Added hit sound when redeemer missile is damaged.
- Guided redeemer camera stays on explosion longer.
- Redeemer outline shows for both teams when the missile has been shot down but not yet exploded.
- Hit scan weapons
- Added additional check to improve accuracy of hitscan out-of-capsule headshots in certain edge cases.
- Best target check traces to top of capsule rather than eyeheight, so don't fail on character with partially visible head.
- New Armor System.
- Small armor replaces thighpads, gives 50 armor, medium armor replaces chest, gives 100, shieldbelt is still 150.
- Regular armor pickups stack up to max 100.
- Armor has 100% absorption from 150 to 100, 50% absorption below 100.
- Full shieldbelt effect on players with >100 armor. Less bright armor overlay for players with 51-100 armor.
- Armor hit effects at all armor levels.
- Players start with 25 armor.
- Fixed issues with showing armor hits in standalone.
- Tweaked rules for whether to display armor hit or blood.
- New horizontal Weapon Bar (currently default, can switch back to vertical).
- New Armor/Health widget, currently default instead of mini-HUD.
- Adjusted HUD scale and opacity defaults.
- Made weapon crosshairs more visible.
- No more paperdoll on HUD since no longer need that information with new armor system.
- Mini-HUD indicator tweaks and polish.
- Improved chat message formatting and display.
- Changed screen edge hit effect to be done through a hud material instance instead of through post process blendables.
- Show "in combat" icon over team beacon for teammates in combat.
- Don't team color sniper zoom overlay, so screen damage effects are still visible.
- No jumpboot message if jump to slide.
- Force HUD displayed binding update when change control settings.
- Added packets/sec to net stats.
Effects and Lighting
- r.blendables now 1 at low settings to fix overly dark lighting on low end.
- New Redeemer explosion effect.
- New link gun beam effect.
- bLowPrioritylLight for stinger shard.
- Put in a basic explosion effect for the bio launcher.
- Fixed rocket launcher damage not causing rim shader damage effect.
- Made rocket fire trail on damaged players larger and more visible.
- Grenade trail tweaks for visibility.
- Rockets and grenades have team colored emissives.
- Added rocket smoke trail.
- New Explosion fx for the rocket launcher.
- Fixed shock ball particles not displaying if they weren't in view when fired.
- Fixed 1p invisibilty shader.
- Improved flak cannon muzzle flash light.
- Improved enforcer muzzle flash light.
- Shock rifle muzzle flash light.
- Sniper muzzle flash light.
- Fixed muzzle flashes that weren't retriggering correctly on repeat fire.
- Sniper tracer in first person comes from bottom center of screen when zoomed (same spot as hidden weapon).
- Fixed link gun beam disappearing at certain angles with hidden weapons on.
- Fixed weapon effects snapping around when going up/down slopes with hidden weapons.
- Fixed 3p translocator team coloring.
- Moved kill messages up and pick up messages down on HUD.
- Remove text display of interrupted announcements.
- Show combined names of multi-killed victims on "You killed" message.
- Support for UMG widgets associated with announcements.
- CTF game and reward messages have white base color.
- Support for not playing certain announcements during intermissions.
- Fixed announcing spectator as DM winner if all player scores are negative.
- Reduced emphasis text scaling
- Show instigator on denied and rejected messages, and increased their priority.
- Adjusted announcement volumes.
- Fixed multiple denied announcements if continue shooting downed redeemer.
- Cancel "redeemer launched" announcement in all cases whenit explodes.
- Fixed erroneous "air snot" rewards in kill feed.
- Fixed showing the flag scoring message with the name of the player that scored.
- Scale down long announcement text.
- Weapon reward message text back on for short duration.
- Added a Blueprint callable SendFriendRequest function to LocalPlayer.
- Added 2 Blueprint native events to UTScoreboard so that blueprint based scoreboards can control the context menu.
- Added blueprint metadata for TotalChallengeStars, GetPrevXP(), CanAwardOnlineXP(), ClampXP(), bIsFriend.
- Added ability for inventory classes to prevent pickup or handle being given to a character without spawning an instance (HandleGivenTo() and AllowPickupBy()), so we no longer need to make custom pickup classes like UTPickupHealth.
- Added AUTGameMode and AUTMutator implementations of TriggerBoost(), to allow easy overriding of triggered boost functionality.
- Added ActivateSpecial that takes the place of StartActivatePowerup and ToggleTranslocator.
- Ready players can now enter warm up mode before the match starts.
- Wait longer to start match if not full now that we have warm up.
- Added "on deck" message for players that are warming when match is starting.
- Added message about players needed to start to warm up hud.
- Fixed countdown showing negative numbers when searching for a quickmatch.
- Fixed client crash when attempting to quickplay.
- Fixed Users attempting to quickplay can be returned to the main menu because match filled while they were joining.
- Restored the trust level check to quickmatch
- Fixed a bug where quickmatch could sometimes get into an endless loop if it couldn't find a server
- Adjusted quickmatch bot skill levels: Up to Green 5 is skill 1 , Up to Green 7 is skill 2, Up to Green 9 is skill 3. Bronze 1 is skill 1, then bot skill level goes up by 1 every two player level increases.
- Fixed wrong message appearing when trying to join a launching HUB instance.
- Fixed The "Auto Rank Locked Enabled" message is not presented when creating a custom match.
- Fixed Hub crash.
- Don't display "both teams get a point" message in Duel Showdown if the round was negated due to neither player doing anything.
- Fixed showdown deaths resulting in -100 points.
- Fixed crash when player leaves during Showdown spawn selection while it's their turn to pick.
- Players that join during Showdown spawn selection are no longer part of that round (it's considered to have started already).
- Don't switch from spawn selection to scoreboard during showdown intermissions.
- Play sound when get close enough to wall to dodge from it.
- Play wall slide sound when sliding along wall while falling.
- Added low ammo sounds to bio rifle, bio launcher, link gun, and stinger.
- Sound volume changes based on feedback from MaxCarnage.
- New flak cannon sounds.
- New rocket in flight sound.
- Adjusted bullet whip volumes
- Fixed stinger shard impact sounds.
- Bio Launcher new primary fire sound.
- Added new primary and secondary fire sounds for enforcer.
- Added Shock rifle primary and secondary reload sounds. Secondary fire has a subtle audio indicator for when the primary can be fired again.
- Show minimap before match starts.
- Added system for flashing pickups on the minimap. Redeemer flashes when can be picked up.
- Link player names on scoreboard to player minimap icons.
- Don't force scoreboard up on death if mode offers respawn choices (duel).
- Scoreboard positioning adjustments to fit better with esc menu.
- Removed footer unless showing game message.
- Added the ability to mute/unmute chat for a given player.
- Team color skulls on minimap.
- Scale name width in team stats to avoid overlap.
- Fixed scoreboard player name scaling for long names.
- Spectators can never vote to kick/ban.
- The chat box maintains focus between all of the UI switches in game.
- New Weapon configuration menu.
- Improved custom weapon settings support.
- New Weapon Bar options menu.
- Removed obsolete minimap scaling option.
- Added epic account name to playercard.
- Added UI sliders for in game music volume and stinger volume.
- Fixed movie player threading crashes.
- Removed incorrect information about mercy rules in various default game rule sets.
- Fixed XP display when next level is 50.
- Fixed Sent Messages do not appear in Hub When Sending Whisper Chats.
- Fixed Whisper messages add final letter of sender's username to message line in the hub chat history.
- Fixed Whisper messages sent from other client appear with your name in the hub chat history.
- Added Disable Double Tap Dodge option.
- Added a dialog for out of date clients.
- Removed change player name dialog on start up.
- Fixed Player does not get logged out after logging in on another client.
- Improved pathfinding fallback when off the navmesh.
- Fixed bots using jump pads with no 2D velocity (i.e. DM-Lea).
- Improved balancing of bots' skill between teams.
- Bot tactical move action aborts during recover phase if the bot runs into a ledge.
- Made bots understand rising lava in CTF-Volcano.
- Fixed various issues with hidden weapons.
- Default end game camera to a rotation that doesn't clip into the winner.
- Turned off parallel physics blending because it doesn't work in some cases and prevents physics from being blended in at all.
- Fixed link gun 1p beam when spectating.
- Fixed ragdolled players not being placed around flag at intermissions.
- Fixed slide sometimes displaying in the floor in replays.
- Test that point on capsule in direction of shot has LineOfSight, rather than just unobstructed shot direction, for determining player target. Keeps hidden enemies from getting pinged.
- Fixed incorrect timer display for fixed interval pickups on clients after a round reset.
- Bouncing projectiles that are encroached by lifts moving upwards will now bounce properly if there is room to do so.
- Flag is now properly captured if it is picked up while simultaneously touching the capture point.
- Continued iteration on prototype FlagRun game mode.
Custom Content Support
- Fixed Custom Content Download Prompt not occurring for dedicated servers.
- Fixed Custom Content Warning message does not appear when Map Vote transitions to a CC Map.
- Fixed Custom Content Warning message will appear even if you already have all the content.
Badges and Match Rank Locking
- Adjusted ELO bounds for Green and Bronze Rank levels.
- New quick match/locked match acceptance rules:
- Green 1 and 2 players only join Green 1 and 2 matches, and only Green 1 and 2 players can join those matches.
- Bronze 8 and up players can join all Bronze 8 and up matches.
- Silver and Gold players can never join Bronze 7 and below matches.
- Green 3-9 players can join Green matches with up to 2 levels of difference (Green 5 can join Green 3 to Green 7).
- Green 3-9 players can join Bronze matches up to 2 levels below and 1 level above (Green 5 can join Bronze 3 to Bronze 6).
- Bronze players can join Bronze matches with up to 2 levels of difference.
Profile and Key Bindings Refactor
- Added a non-authoritative local profile that holds a copy of your online profile.
- Improved reset functionality.
- Removed all the HUD/Weapon points of failure where we had to have data in multiple places.
- Work in progress toward accessing the profile in blueprints. Currently leaving it at ReadOnly access.
- New Key Config system.
- Profile is 100% authoritative.
- Keys are defined in the profile, not the ini.
- Added a better way to clear out key binds and abort the setting of keybinds.
- Removed the ability to have multiple binds to the same key.
- Removed all unneeded binding from the Defaultinput.ini as they are all controlled by the profile now.
- Bumped settings versions.
- Added gamepad commands to the key config structures.
- Made VersionFixup return a bool that is used to force saving of a fixed up profile.
Previous Version Notes