Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 1/23/2017
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Updated to Unreal Engine 4.15.
- FlagRun available for quickmatch, ready for wider feedback.
- LAN servers can be started from client UI again.
- Lightning Rifle and Grenade Launcher prototypes updated.
- Lots of AI improvements.
- Improved new user flow and training.
- Main menu update.
- Community map updates.
- Quickmatch uses scaleable instance system, no longer tied to hubs.
- FlagRun available for quickmatch, ready for wider feedback
- FlagRun training video and tutorial in Basic Training.
- Community maps Batrankus, Backspace, Polaris, Salt, and Unsaved updated by authors.
- Removed DM-Temple from standard FFA map list.
- Hitscan not blocked by teammates or weapon shields that don't block projectiles.
- Projectiles affect corpses without blowing up on them client side.
- Don't allow throwing weapons with no ammo.
- Lightning Rifle prototype added.
- Grenade Launcher prototype
- Sticky grenades detonate when you drop the weapon.
- Grenade launcher primary fire is blocked when sticky is out.
- Fixed hitting your own sticky grenade in deathmatch.
- Sticky grenades attach to lifts.
- Rocket Launcher
- Fixed issues with rocket launcher locking.
- Increased spread of rockets in tight formation by 33%.
- Increased rocket lock acquire time from 0.5 to 0.6 seconds.
- Lock icon turns red when locked on, not yellow.
- Locked rockets fire in wider spread pattern.
- Seeking rockets only lead targets when within 20 meters of them.
- Target gets HUD indicator on seeking rocket when it is within 38 meters.
- Fixed rocket launcher getting stuck out of ammo when running out during alt-fire while fire button is being spammed.
- Flak Cannon
- Flak shards are faster (5500 -> 6500).
- More shard damage after bounce (scale by 0.6 rather than 0.5).
- No imparted momentum from shards once they bounce or have gravity after travelling a bit.
- Fixed cases where flak was not gibbing victims when it should.
- Link Gun
- Reduced link pull warm up time from 0.25 to 0.15 sec (how long you have to hold the beam on the target).
- Link pull is only activated on alt fire release, not on primary fire press/release.
- Increased link gun default ammo 60->80, increased link ammo pickup 35->40.
- Fixed attaching redeemer to player's back if they pick it up without switching to it.
- Pushed explosion center of rejected redeemer up from ground.
- Minimum 200 damage from redeemer within collision free radius.
- Sniper Rifle
- Sniper min zoom now 50 FOV.
- Don't draw headshot circle on sliding players when zoomed.
HUD and Scoreboard
- Damage numbers on HUD.
- Adjusted game message positions.
- Game message widget smaller, doesn't fill entire bottom of screen.
- Removed obsolete server panel in scoreboard.
- Only allow HUD scaling to go up to 150%.
- No option to toggle off minimap during pre game.
- Made "Other player is on a killing spree" font size smaller.
- Fixed spectator kill message text.
- Improved pickup icon rendering on minimap.
- Added the ability to report bad behavior from the interactive scoreboard.
- Made getting out of water easier.
- Don't bump out of slide when shot by teammates.
- Normalized ragdoll impulses based on mesh mass.
- Fixed crouch while running engages slide unless "Slide From Crouch" is unchecked.
- Changed default binds for dodge button to Left Shift and V.
- Changed default bind for slide to ThumbMouseButton.
Hubs and Server Browser
- No more instance lobbies in hub - players go right into the instance, can wait there and warm up.
- Parties joini hub instances on the same team.
- Fixed client crash when pressing OK in the Player Settings while in a Hub Lobby.
- Fixed using the admin menu on hubs.
- Moved where an instance sets its server name so the session picks up map changes.
- Added F5 as a hotkey to the server browser for refresh.
- In hub games, insure the min # of players will always be filled with bots if needed.
- Forced hub chat scrollpanel to scroll to the bottom
- Wipe SessionID when returning to main menu to fix bugs where joining a party will send you to an old game the leader is no longer in.
- Fixed crash with parties when playing offline.
- Changed how rank lock is turned on and how the player is notified.
- Fixed Instance badges are not updating and the slots occupied by players who leave are considered taken.
Effects and Rendering
- Clear visual offset when projectiles bounce or stick.
- Added radius indicator to rocket explosion (high detail only).
- Added radius indicator to grenade explosion (high detail only).
- Removed satellite shards from flak.
- Optimized link gun effect materials.
- Fixed shield belt pickup's default visual state.
- Tweak to improve enforcer muzzle flash when rotated.
- Added failsafe to make sure weapon overlay particles get destroyed when they're done.
- Don't zoom deathcam if focus not visible.
- Fixed case where death cam would not focus on out of view killer.
- Replicate shooter rotation when shot was fired for death cam.
- Fixed deathcam bouncing back and forth.
- Reduced how much level music is ducked for announcements and stingers.
- Extended the radius of ricochet sound from sniper rifle.
- Extended the radius of Enforcer ricochet sound around the player.
- New Shock Rifle combo explosion sound.
- New set of Generic Footstep sounds.
- Added reload sounds to grenade launcher.
- Play menu music while in hub.
- New Link Gun firing sounds.
- Lowered pitch and slightly raised volume of own footstep sounds.
- New Rocket flight sounds
- Moved center of rocket projectile flight sound forward so it's heard slightly earlier by potential targets.
- Reduced audible radius of occluded footsteps.
- Reduced volume of link gun FP firing sound and link proj flight audio volume.
- Adjusted stinger sound mix with weapons and music.
- Fix for audio pause state not clearing between source lifetimes, which sometimes caused sound to break when quitting mid tutorial or offline match.
- Delay bullet whips slightly to separate from firing sounds.
- Cleaned up sniper rifle impact sound.
- Added flight sound to minigun alt projectile.
- Added OnHitScanDamage() blueprint event, called when weapon causes hit scan damage so blueprint can handle effects.
- Line Trace For World Blocking Only blueprint node.
- Check the MD5 of downloaded content to see if corrupted data was received.
- Make sure Corsair rgb usage is turned off if player disables keyboard lighting.
- New Razer chroma sdk support.
- Updated to Unreal Engine 4.15.
- Framerate cap defaults to 120 even with 60 hz monitors. Improves game feel.
- LAN server support enabled for clients again.
- Fix for blueprint classes not loading config properly in cooked builds.
Bots and AI
- Fixed bots getting briefly stuck on some types of pickups.
- Bots always lead flag carrier even at low difficulty, unless it's a human.
- Low difficulty flag carriers can get temporarily distracted by nearby visible enemies.
- Fixed low skill bots turning away from target while loading rockets.
- Added some dodge logic when attacked with rapid fire instant hit weapons.
- Fixed jump pads generating paths to points requiring so much air control against the jump direction that it would be faster to walk.
- Fixed bots crouching in some cases where they should jump.
- Fixed bot that successfully capped the flag not going on a proper route afterwards for the next attempt.
- Decreased bot enemy acquisition error when enemy has been detected prior to being selected as primary target.
- Fixed some inconsistencies in line of sight checks.
- Reduced likelihood of low skill bots using multiple loaded rockets.
- Fixed normal capability jump paths being generated up unwalkable slopes of certain angles.
- Improved navmesh poly generation around jump pads.
- Fix for edge case where bots wouldn't adjust around teammates.
- Optimized path node generation.
- Added path support for larger units (up to 2x normal size) - requires path rebuild.
- Fixed bots incorrectly wall dodging during certain lift jumps when in combat but not under sufficient threat to abort lift jump.
- Added a failsafe to get bots off paths that they think are valid but appear to be stuck on.
- Improved bot AI using bio rifle.
- Reduced bot taunting.
- Don't score damage during warm up.
- Fixed not getting spawn choice at start of Duel if warmed up before.
- Fixed remote redeemer ignoring client's request to explode during warmup.
- New users drop right into basic training.
- New tutorial movies.
- New FlagRun and Showdown tutorials.
- Bug fixes and polish for various tutorials.
- Improved tutorial flow.
- Toasts for various unlocks during training.
- Fixed not all tutorial announcements being precached.
- Training matches use default victory conditions.
- Adjusted tutorial difficulty settings.
- Stagger weapon tutorial bots spawning to reduce hitching when entering weapon rooms.
- Fixed the progression table to look for the new coin tags.
- Fixed not being able to use taunts during training.
- Fixed guided redeemer fuel gauge in net play.
- Fixed rocket lock display issues in multiplayer.
- Make sure updates to ReplicateRemainingTime happen immediately to keep clients synched.
- Fixed UTPlayerController LineOfSightTo() implementation on servers which may not have viewtarget set properly. Fixes replication issues.
- Fixed link pull beam effect not working correctly on other clients.
- Fixed armor overlay for other players when join in progress.
- Quickmatch uses scaleable instance system, no longer tied to hubs.
- Fixed quickmatch and ranked match modes having different goalscore and timelimits from default Epic rules.
- Reconnecting after an matchmaking attempt will now use the matching reconnect code not the normal code.
- Cleaned up, simplified main menu.
- Create game dialog has been adjusted and made more clear.
- Main menu pop up when need to update to new build.
- Main menu pop up when new build is first opened, with build notes.
- New loading movies.
- Fixes for movie player loading screen race conditions.
- Fixed Map description is cut off in the custom game screen.
- Fixed friends list staying open if player logs out.
- Cleaned up some styles and tab functionality.
- Fixed UI erroneously claiming challenges are locked.
- Added the ability to disable the default UT logo and message in movies.
- Fixed the admin menu crash.
- Fixed the map vote count down getting stopped during match transition.
- Fixed error message when logging in with incorrect credentials.
- Added stacking to the toasts system.
- Properly clean up toast notifications for invites after you accept it.
- Made the play offline button in the login dialog look more like a button.
- Fixed a rare crash with UTHUDWidgetMessage.
- Added code to insure toasts get cleaned up on level change.
- Fix hat not going away in offline match if you take it off in player settings.
- Only show ranked match buttons when training has been finished.
- Fix taunt not clearing when leaving player settings in single player.
- Updated stats html from Lynx, new colors in pie charts, text fixes in game mode names.
- Added a new UMG parent class UTUMGWidget. All UT UMG should use this as their parent.
- Slate loading thread uses the render thread font cache instead of game thread font cache.
- New Mutator LeapFrag
- Replaces jump with leap in movement direction.
- Hitting other players can damage and kill them.
- Added "Add Impact Hammer" mutator (for game modes that don’t default with Impact Hammer).
- Ghost, fly, and walk cheats work in standalone games in shipping builds now.
- Increased ammo pickup collision size from 50 to 60.
- Added option for pickups to only spawn once per round.
- Don't drop enforcer on death in team safe volumes.
- Fixed turning off coin collision for non-tutorial games.
- Fixed being able to fire weapons during intermissions.
- Unlocked FOV range in standalone games using FOV console command.
- Don't try to balance number of humans on each team.
- Don't prevent players from imbalancing before match starts, unless it is a quickmatch.
- Possible fix for very rare case of flag getting temporarily stuck hovering when carrier is gibbed.
- Check for deferred fire inputs when taunt ends.
- Flush pressed keys when going to spectator, trying to fix some key release issues in showdown.
- Added Sniper headshot kills into total sniper kills on stats viewer page.
- Added Sniper headshot deaths into total sniper deaths on stats viewer page.
Previous Version Notes