Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 3/28/2017
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Coop vs AI FlagRun available via QuickMatch or hubs.
- Weapon animation overhaul.
- Movement updates to wall running, acceleration, and dodge landing.
- Weapon balance changes, particularly to Flak Cannon.
- New Siege PVE prototype game mode available as hub ruleset.
- New and updated Single Player Challenges.
- Significant improvements to hitscan registration in network games.
- Improvements to FlagRun game mode and significant updates to FR-Fort and FR-Loh.
- Improvements to warm up and waiting for matches.
- Simple UI for joining LAN games.
- Visual pass in progress
- Attacker base layout updated
- Significant layout changes
- Layout updates.
- Adjustments to redeemer volumes.
- Adjustments to jump pad ledge in tunnel to mitigate player snagging.
- Replaced Sniper with LG as default pickup.
- Visual updates for performance and visual clarity
- Outpost 23
- Adjusted exterior post process.
- Fixed early put downs of out of ammo weapons.
- Flak Cannon
- Primary fire re-balance - faster firing rate (every 0.75 seconds), significantly lower max damage (100).
- Increased flak ammo to compensate for lower damage.
- Lightning Rifle
- Prototype blueprint converted to C++.
- Rocket Launcher
- Adjusted rocket seeking.
- Play low ammo sound when alt loading rockets and running out.
- Added support for differently scaling vertical and horizontal components of firing spread. Enforcer spread is now mostly vertical.
- Bio Rifle
- Fixed bio shot collision offset from mesh if shot point blank.
- Grenade Launcher
- Fixed attaching sticky grenades to lifts.
- Can wall run farther on vertical walls.
- Adjusted how we prevent wall dodgers from air controlling back to the same wall.
- Reduced player acceleration post initial fast acceleration from 4000->3200.
- No longer almost stop player on dodge landing.
- Reduced acceleration right after dodge landing.
- Lowered default mouse sensitivity to 5. UI uses same sensitivity scale (multiplied by 10) as game.
- Adjusted mouse acceleration endpoints.
In Game Menu and Interactive Scoreboard
- Moved the “Start Match” and “Change Teams” buttons to the bottom center of the interactive scoreboard.
- New version of post match summary showing awards and XP progress.
- Esc switches to interactive scoreboard when displaying post match summary.
- Split kills and deathblows on the Showdown scoreboard.
- Outline dropped flag when in view. Don't draw separate flag icon in FlagRun, instead circle around flag/FC.
- In world flag beacon overhaul.
- Fixed HUD win message scaling.
- Adjusted order of rendering for HUD widgets, so can see ammo when zoomed overlay is up.
- In FlagRun, Redeemer beacon pulses when player is in the spawn room.
- Fixed showing multiple empty slots in a weapon group on weapon bar.
- Don't allow weapon bar or hud announcements to be scaled above 100%.
- Adjusted weapon bar default opacity settings.
- Don't show redeemer on weapon bar when don't have it.
- Shrink quick chat bar a bit and don't cover the whole screen in smoke.
- Added HUD shake on weapon fire. Removed the XY screenshake from shock and sniper.
- Turn off HUD mini quick info by default.
- Spectator slide-out no longer shows players that are ineligible for viewing by the local player (e.g. enemy team when spectating because out of lives)
- Generalized ability for local messages to cancel voice announcement client-side when about to play due to changed game conditions.
- Hubs now support custom naming of a game.
- Added FlagRun Coop vs AI ruleset.
- Siege PVE prototype game now available as hub ruleset.
- Removed BigDM and iDM rulesets.
- Added RequireFull option for matches to require all players to join before match will start.
- Added a "Allow Bots" check box to the match creation screen.
- Smoothed out joining matches on a hub.
- Matches that are still "launching" are now displayed
- You can now join a match that is in the process of launching
- Everyone gets the StartMatchWindow if they can't go directly into the game
- Fixed players cannot back out of an Instance once the hub lobby has been shut down.
- Fixed crash issue for custom matches using lots of mutators.
- Fixed the custom setup dialog to be cleaner in terms of presentation
- Don't show active matches on the hub list for password protected hubs to prevent various exploits to bypass passwords.
- Return to hub, not main menu, if decline custom content loading when trying to enter a hub match.
- Only fill DM games with empty slots up with up to 5 bots rather than 8.
Effects and Rendering
- New prototype health and armor pickups
- First person flag pickup effect.
- Sheen effect on pickups.
- Set fixed bounding boxes on a bunch of particle effects to improve performance.
- New materials with customization support for Sniper Rifle, Flak Cannon, Link Gun, and Rocket Launcher.
- Increased amplification of enemy footsteps behind you.
- Increased volume of rocket loading sound.
- No redeemer low fuel warning sound after shot down or blown up.
- Adjusted level music volumes that were inconsistent.
- Separate quieter reload sound for instagib rifle.
- Made male and female death cues louder (volume 0.75 to 1.0)
- Louder flag pick up/returned sounds. Still attenuated, but not ducked because now classed as stingers.
- Fixed link gun beam looping sound not playing if start alt-fire during primary cool down.
- Changed jumppad sound attenuation settings.
- Only use generic footstep sound (temp for testing).
- Increased volume of rocket loading and rocket firing sounds.
- Add NotifyPlayerDefaultsSet so that blueprint game mods know when the inventory has been given out.
- Expose config file writing to mods. All goes to Mod.ini, user selected sections and keys.
- Better access to UMG based HudWidgets for blueprint.
- Added a hud event BeforeFirstFrame which is called directly before the first frame is rendered and only then.
- Fixed bug where blueprint referenced objects were cleaned up or not async loaded, which caused a bunch of Elimination crashes.
- Increased XP awarded for FlagRun games.
- Flag carrier is always pinged when he kills an enemy, even if not in target's view at time of shot.
- Added early incoming warning support, so can get incoming warnings before enemy FC penetrates inner base.
- Adjustments to undefended route notifications.
- Give players locker weapons on spawn in FlagRun.
- Play incoming warning in warning zones if FC is pinged in zone.
- Increased priority of door rally message.
- Decreased priority of terminated message.
- Cancel speaking some obsolete callouts (get the flag after flag is picked up, and need rally after rally starts).
- Repeating alarm while flag held inside defender base.
- Sniper call out when teammate is targeted by enemy sniper who also has line of sight to you.
- New round highlights added.
- Now have end of match highlights for FlagRun.
- Updated gold star challenges to include FlagRun challenges and some of the Chill and Underland challenges, retired some old challenges, and adjusted the higher tier unlock levels.
- Weapon animation overhaul (Enforcer, Link Gun, Flak Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Lightning Rifle, and Shock Rifle).
- New positioning.
- New firing and idle animations.
- New animations to support player movement feedback.
- Improvements to how direction change anims are triggered with leans on consecutive direction changes and under certain speeds.
- Changed rules from stop transition back to moving.
- Significant improvements to hitscan registration.
Bots and AI
- Fixed AI incorrectly thinking they are in a spawn protected area in some situations (fixes offense AI issues in FR-Loh).
- Improved bot pickup detour handling, especially when near other bots.
- Fixed various cases of bots not being aware of enemies picking up certain items.
- Fixed a pathing issue on DM-Sand.
- Improved bot sniping behavior and added AI logic for lightning rifle.
- Improved AI behavior with suppressive weapons (spam at enemy's last seen location even if AI heard them elsewhere).
- Fixed bots sometimes crowding the flag carrier at the attacker spawn in flag run.
- Fixed bots having wrong focus when on a jump pad if they aren't actively engaged with an enemy.
- Fixed rare issue of bots pathing incorrectly to a jump pad on a different floor than they are currently on.
- Improved behavior of bots that are charging an enemy and successfully reach them without combat being resolved
- Fixed sniper weapons not being flagged as such for the AI.
- Bot skill encoded into their ping as 90 - 10*skill.
- Fixed bots defending FC in CTF getting indecisive/confused if the enemy flag carrier has been recently detected.
- Fixed bot attack/defend assignments when a bot normally on defense happens to pick up the enemy flag.
- Fixed missing water navigation in DM-Underland.
Pre-Match and Post-Match
- Lineups enabled for all game modes.
- End of match freeze projectiles and effects in all game modes.
- Regular CTF halftime works more like a FlagRun intermission.
- Add spectator cameras as fallbacks to the initial loading view system.
Kicking and Banning
- Improved idle detection implementation.
- Reset idle on new player on join so late joining player doesn’t get kicked for idling.
- Added a 10 second grace period where players who were not idle at the end of the last match are guaranteed a slot via prelogin.
- Kick Vote % is recovered when the PRI rebuilt to keep players from clearing a kick vote in progress by reconnecting.
- Fixed admin bans.
- Fixed bans and kicks not always getting their message to the client before the client shuts down.
- Limit upwards skill adjust for basic training bots.
- Updated Flag Run Tutorial: added dialog about rallying.
- Simple UI to join LAN games. Detected LAN matches now show up on main page of UI.
- Duck the menu music when web announcement is playing.
- Clear out announcements when the menu closes.
- Fixed panels not getting cleaned up when menus closed.
- Added code to flush the input stack when a movie finishes loading.
- Fixed issues with UI losing focus when alt-tabbing in and out of game.
- Fixed Social Bing notification updating after sending or accepting friend requests.
- Added a tally of stars to the MCPProfile so that the backend can access it for the player card.
- Updated matchmaking dialog.
- Fix for a crash if viewing a player card offline.
- Fixed duel playerstart selection not taking other player choices into account.
- Fixed offline challenges filling with extra bots.
- Fixed matchmaking dialog not going away for party members if the leader cancels.
- Don't quit hub lobby if you hit join party.
- Updated same server check for party server transfer to exclude cases when you are a spectator and should get converted to regular player.
- Reduced Quickmatch max warm up to 2 minutes, Hub match max warmup to 3 minutes.
- Warm up lasts only 60 seconds for LAN servers and quickmatch or hub games that have already completed one match.
- Quickmatch will start with just 1 human player at end of warmup.
- Regular hub matches will start with 2 human players, except for competitive game modes that don't allow join in progress,
which require a full complement of players.
- Ranked matches also require a full complement of players to start.
- No longer have per gamemode/URL controlled MinPlayersToStart property.
- Fixed some impact effects not vanishing on transition between rounds and from warmup to game start
- Warm up notification on HUD.
- Fixed stale announcements playing at the start of a FlagRun instant replay.
- Chat support during instant replay.
- Added "Instant Replay" to instant replay HUD.
- Fixed destroyed level actors not being handled properly for replays when starting from a checkpoint.
Previous Version Notes