- Opening section layout changes.
- Courtyard/Arena/Cave changes.
- Unified post and lighting rebuild.
- BP_TeamDeco_WeaponShield is now BP_TeamDeco_SpawnShield to properly match current use case in Blitz.
- New BP_TeamDeco_Weapon_Shield is the new version that blocks weapon fire for everybody (i.e. CTF-BigRock).
- Rebuilt CTF-BigRock.
- By default, weapon allows firing any mode if any ammo left, not just min ammo for that mode.
- Fire and Alt-fire both fire a guided missile.
- After 0.5 seconds, guided missile can be detonated (fire) or released to continue its trajectory (alt-fire).
- Redeemer explosion is in 3 stages instead of 6, takes 0.54 seconds instead of 1.08 to fully explode.
- Grenade Launcher
- Increased grenade overlap size and min damage.
- Tweaked grenaded bounce behavior.
- Grenade rotation rate now correlates to fuse time remaining.
- Flak Cannon
- Made flak spread more consistent.
- Reduced Flak shard starting radius 40->36.
- Increased Flak shard radius reduction rate 150->450
- Made sure flak shard spawn locations are always valid, not embedded in geometry.
- Lightning Rifle
- Fixed lightning rifle projectile collision.
- Lightning Rifle max ammo 28->24.
- Fixed being pushed away from dead teammates.
HUD and Scoreboard
- Don't alpha out damage numbers as fast, and slightly increased minimum size of damage numbers.
- Tweaks to end of match XP display.
- Show clan names in spectator slideout.
- Fixed HUD kickback on translocator alt with no disk out.
- Updated minimap armor icons.
- Fixed link pull indicator left on after running out of ammo.
- Rocket lock indicators scaled by resolution.
- When returning from a hub, go to the hub menu instead of the main menu.
- Fixed rules for competitive CTF and Duel Showdown rulesets so can start with bots if desired.
- Removed Duel Showdown from default rulesets in hubs.
- No join option for in progress competitive matches in hubs.
- Fixed Hub menu does not include scroll bar in the right panel when more than 7 games are active.
- Deathmatch default ruleset now has max 6 players.
- Fixed idle kick notification not appearing when getting kicked back to hub.
- Improved the delay when leaving a hub instance.
- Fixed Player unable to exit Blitz hub instance match during an Instant Replay.
Host Controlled Start
- Improved host start messaging for matches controlled by a host (hub instances and LAN servers).
- Host control of match start now respects "match must be full" checkbox.
- Fixed centering of host controlled warmup message.
Effects and Rendering
- Updated 1st person UDamage effects - Tweaked placement, counts, offsets, and material properties.
- New lightning rifle primary fire projectile effects.
- Added respawn effects for pickups.
- Increased gib threshold for flak shards
- Fixed grenade primary trail color in non team games.
- Update to muzzle flash position for lightning rifle 3rd person.
- Made blood effect brighter.
- Made red team player armor effect brighter.
- New Flak Cannon sounds
- Play low ammo sound when switch to weapon that has low ammo.
- Fixed replay support for matches using custom content.
- Added -altpak which causes servers to look for pak files in the main game's location so that local lan servers can pick up installed content of the main game.
- Added a path for the game mode and mutators to restrict or change say/teamsay messages.
- Added support for more than one material ID override for Generic_Lift, updated preview material and added custom color/opacity settings.
- Redraft quickplay teams on map transition.
- Allow team changes in Quickplay before match starts.
- Removed 3v5 coop Blitz Quickplay option.
- Reduced auto-adjust skill levels for Quickplay bots.
- Fixed what maps are available for co-op vs AI Blitz quickmatch
- Team doors that are controlled by a rally point now show capture progress via progress bar,
- Added directional and location indicators for the first front for defenders at the beginning of a blitz round.
- Added Delivery Point text to delivery point beacon.
- Fixed scoring display when defense wins early on last Blitz round.
- Reduced time for pre match intro.
- Reduced Blitz intermission time in standalone matches.
- Show combat icon on rally indicator if rally is hot.
- Only show pre match Blitz objective text in training game.
- Display Out of lives message when terminated and spectating.
- Added base mesh to rally points.
- Bots participate in warm up, to give players someone to fight while waiting for warm up to end.
- Esc will not close interactive scoreboard before match starts.
- Spectators don't have scoreboard up during warm up if viewing players.
- Basic training bots no longer adjust their skill above their starting difficulty.
- DM training starting difficulty now 2.
- Reduced DM training time limit to 5 minutes.
- Return to main menu, not training menu, from the initial DM tutorial.
- Fixed starting with armor in training.
- Updated duel tutorial, added overtime change.
First Person Weapon Meshes and Animations
- Added first person dodge animations
- Improved game clock synchronization between client and server.
- Fixed weapon desync issue in network games when run out of ammo on a shock combo and continue to hold down fire.
- Apply small impulse to character when he fires a redeemer to make sure a location update is replicated to the formerly owning player.
- New playerstart selection algorithm to improve randomness, use of all available spawns.
- Fixed potential for two players dead at the same time during Duel picking the same spawn.
- Added callout for when player drops the udamage.
- Show player name for last man standing and terminated messages.
- Instant replay announcement.
- Fixed prioritization of "x stars ending" announcements.
- Fixed Mercy Score calculations in team games and Duel.
- Block feigning death in the middle of ragdoll recovery.
- Force standing during 3rd person taunt so crouching cylinder isn't used.
- Fixed ragdoll exploits.
- With friendly fire on, hitscan is blocked by teammates.
- Fixed some issues with death cams.
- Fixed countdown camera.
- Powerups tick at full speed when dropped.
- No default leader hats.
- Ranked matches are now gated on having played 10 matches instead of viewing tutorials.
- Fixed supporting large bot counts in LAN games.
- Party members see full match information when searching for a quickmatch.
- Don’t provide join option for players in ranked matches.
- Fixed party joining a private match started by party leader.
- Fixed joining Duel in progress by joining party.
- Fixed the game not unpausing when the admin pauser leaves the game.
- Added "Admin:" to admin messages.
- Fixed various admin panel issues.
- Removed Win32 version. Added support burden and almost no one using it.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Don't allow framerate capping below 30 fps.
- Fixed “Connecting to instance” dialog is opening behind the menu.
- Moved the “change team” button back to the top menu after the match starts.
- Fixed Country Flag drop down menu can get into a broken state if player clicks out of menu.
- Fixed "Number of Round" Text is missing within the Game Settings option for Showdown Game modes.
- Fixed Ranked Matchmaking buttons do not appear on the main menu after leaving a Quickplay game.
- Fixed Menu music stops playing when exiting offline matches using top UI bar.
- Fixed the update / patch note system.
- Kick dialog shouldn't have a reconnect button.