Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 6/28/2017
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Significant performance improvements for low end systems, with simple forward shading support and reflection environment optimizations
- In-game voice chat support
- New Bio Rifle mesh from KazeoHin.
- Blitz improvements including improved Rally Cam and gameplay tweaks.
- Support character specific first person arms.
- First person animations improved and refined.
- Fort meshing with proto meshes in preparation for final visual pass.
- Chill bug fixes.
- Bio Rifle
- New Bio Rifle mesh from KazeoHin
- Adjusted Bio Rifle low ammo threshold
- Lightning Rifle
- Fixed Lightning Rifle fully charged timer respecting fire rate multiplier (i.e. Berserk).
- Fixed Lightning Rifle primary fire causing damage to non characters.
- Fixed Lightning Rifle charged up in standalone fires projectile when 1 ammo left.
- Adjusted lightning projectile collision.
- Don't chain lightning off of dead bodies.
- Reduced Redeemer collision free explosion radius 1200->1000.
- Radius is further reduced if Redeemer missile is shot down.
- Impact Hammer alt fire doesn't push Redeemer missiles.
- Grenade Launcher
- Fixed grenades not coming to rest properly on sloped surfaces.
- Fixed friendly instigator check for sticky grenades.
- Rocket Launcher
- Rocket spread not affected by aim angle.
- Flak Cannon
- Don't attenuate Flak shard self damage below 1 pt.
- Display damage numbers when you are dead.
- Damage numbers are blue instead of gold if player has no armor but is over-healthed.
- Updated minimap with new armor proto mesh shapes.
- Reduced size of Link Gun overheat bar and Lightning Rifle charge bar.
- Draw Redeemer beacon even when Redeemer hasn't spawned yet.
- Fixed Redeemer HUD status scaling.
- Fixed the forwarding for chat messages to the playback hud using the wrong index.
- Added interactive scoreboard hint.
- Sort Blitz scores first by K+A, then K, then lives remaining.
- No longer show number of caps next to player name on CTF scoring summary.
- New server and hub browser filtering rules - show a limited number of empty servers/hubs prioritized by ping, but not limited by ping.
- Host of instanced games get admin lite powers during pre-game, can kick other players before match starts.
- When kicking a player from an instance, the game will attempt to kick them back to the hub first
- Fixed a bug that was causing some other disconnects from instances to not setup reconnecting to the hub properly.
- Playlists are now Ruleset driven.
- Adjusted default rulesets for Hubs. No longer have Instagib tab, Instagib CTF is now under the Classic tab.
- Updated Flak Cannon muzzle flash and shell explosion.
- Fixed Shock Rifle screen breaking after using invisibility or firing the Redeemer.
- Updated Lightning Rifle particle effects..
- Blitz flag holder trail length is same for teammates and enemies.
- Fixed weapon overlays not getting WeaponRenderScale set so they appeared offset.
- Start character rim shader visibility closer to player.
- Sniper Rifle and Grenade Launcher material tweaks.
- Updated Redeemer blast.
- Fixed Lightning Rifle third person charged indicator going away when zoom button is released.
- Keep level music going into flag countdown at start of Blitz Round.
- Fixed low ammo sound with dual Enforcers.
- Fixed some weapon fire attenuation settings.
- Fixed rocket firing sound.
- Updated Grenade Launcher sound effects.
- Increased volume and audible range of jump and dodge sounds.
- Decreased volume and audible range of occluded footsteps.
- Fix idle sounds on sticky grenade persisting if blown up
- Fixed players hearing bot low ammo sounds in standalone games.
Engine and Rendering
- Simple forward shading on low end devices.
- Fixed rendering issues on Intel integrated graphics (surfaces rendering black).
- Reflection environment optimization from Intel.
- Change from view space transform to camera space transform- this was the source of the self-shadowing weapon issue.
- Don't use contact shadows when not in temporal AA.
- Fixed movie player related crashes by making it a pointer instead of shared pointer.
- Added UserActivityTracking to help track crashes during level loading, gameplay, and custom PAK loading.
- Increased initial flag pickup delay in Blitz from 15->20 seconds.
- No more Blitz flag return points inside the defender base volume.
- Increased Rally Point powered time 10->20 seconds.
- Added ramp up music to play leading up to flag available.
- Two part rally cam: show character rallying out followed by zoom in to rally spot.
- Short invulnerability (0.4 seconds) for player that just rallied in.
- Fixed flag location messages sometimes being incorrectly interrupted.
- Correctly handle threshold insurmountable lead in Blitz (2 rounds left, team leads by 4 and tiebreak over 60).
- Added UTBlitzDeliveryPoint and UTBlitzFlagSpawner, replace the CTF flag bases in Blitz levels.
- Adjusted bonus level countdown sounds.
- Instant replays now support scoreboard.
- In-game voice support with dedicated servers, enabled by default
- Can choose input device in Audio Settings.
- Can choose between Push to Talk and Open Mic in Audio Settings.
- Can mute players in interactive scoreboard.
- Can also limit voice interactions using the communications filter in the System Settings General tab.
- Fixed showing level up announcements in match summary.
- Improved end of match highlights displayed.
- Always try to show 3 end of match highlights.
- Fixed match XP summary issues.
- Damage done award name now "I'd hit that".
- Added per round damage highlight.
- Increased time before match summary for DM.
- Fixed kill feed showing in front of match summary in Showdown.
- Don't show Showdown damage done when displaying XP update.
- Support character specific first person arms
- Converted all weapons to use new first person hands system.
- Adjusted first person dodge animations.
- Added ability to turn off slide additive anim while shooting.
- Added ability to turn off sliding additive when shock combo explode is triggered.
- Changed slide anims to local space additives to fix wonky Link Gun wrist shooting.
- Added small blend to slide out to reduce pop.
- Toned down Shock Rifle run/bob.
- Switched dodges and wall runs to local space additive.
- Improved lineups with intro animations (WIP).
- Replicate position updates for sticky grenade to avoid desynchronization with server in edge cases.
- Fixed drowning sounds not playing in net games.
Bots and AI
- Bots don't try to get flag during CTF pre-match warm up.
- Visse now has hair.
- Added ability to cancel announcements if they are delayed too long.
- Increased announcement priority of Terminated message.
- Chain Lightning reward message for kills from lightning arc off a powered Lightning Rifle shot.
- Changed link beam 15 kill reward from Chain Lightning to Toasty!
- Explosion visibility check also checks visibility to top of character capsule.
- Fixed weapon replacement mutator crash.
- Flag returns if lift makes it encroach blocking geometry.
- Fixed weapon stay pickup timers.
- Updated armor proxy meshes.
- Show where you will spawn during countdown in game modes with countdown.
- Allow spectators to close menu before match starts.
- No team stats display prematch in Siege
- Fixed always have correct outline on flag during replays.
- Don't display XP summary during replays.
- Stop showing tutorial videos during loading after 3 matches played.
- Fixed resetting mouse acceleration to proper default.
- A bunch of fixes to the custom game panel.
- No longer launch any tutorial on first login.
- Fixed map vote with rulesets that didn't have long names.
- Blueprint event when first person weapon equipped
Previous Version Notes