Unreal Tournament Release Notes
Version notes for build released 1/9
TLDR: Major Changes This Build:
- Lots of HUD improvements.
- New Scoreboards.
- Fixed networking issues where shot would fire on client but not on server.
- Bot AI improvements.
- Choose between two spawn points on respawn in Duel.
- Stats improvements.
- Fixed light that was causing weapon glow bug by setting light source radius to 0
- Fixed snaggy BSP spots.
- Added bot pathing.
- Rebuilt with Minimize BSPSections=false.
- Added up/down rotation to Redeemer in code temporarily since no animations.
- Decreased Redeemer bringup and putdown times.
- Fixed Impact Hammer alt momentum on friendlies
- Made sure WeaponNoCharacter collision channel has same collision responses as Weapon where appropriate.
- More work on Shock Rifle render-to-texture screen
- Fixed second Enforcer mesh appearing at the origin for the local player when wielding a single (not dual) enforcer
- Bio shot uses absolute scale, so charged bio doesn't scale weirdly when it attaches to a scaled component.
- Fixed charged weapon crash associated with delegate ID mismatch preventing ClearTimer() from working.
- Lower eye position on slide regardless of how triggered.
- Weapon bob on slide to provide more feedback.
- Don't dodge on tapping W-D-W or other side/forward combos.
- Removed no longer needed bJustDodged.
- Enlarged Clock
- Refined red/blue team colors
- Moved health and armor icos to outside instead of next to paper doll
- tweaked health/armor colors
- Fixed hud scaling
- Fixed a bug with Opacity and Hud Widgets
- Added a menu for adjusting the hud parameters (use the console command HUDSettings)
- Added inactive opacity to the weapon bar.
- Added the HUD settings menu to the in-game menu
- Added RequiredGroups config var to the weapon bar to insure a set # of groups is always displayed (defaulted to original UT style)
- Updated the weapon bar to correctly render empty groups
- Made the HUD settings globalconfig
- Better management of powerups on the hud
- All Inventory items held by the player now get a chance to be rendered. It's up to them if they don't want to be
- Promoted HUDIcon up to UTInventory and removed it from UTWeapon and UTTimedPowerup
- Set the powerups and jumpboots to use the newer icons
- Updated the HUD art to remove the compression artificats.
- Added a HUD Render priority to UTInventory so that we can control the order in which they appear
- Added a scale override for just the weapon bar (community request)
- New Weapon bar Opacity levels and hud options to set them.
- Colorized icons for the weapon bar are available
- Changed how hud icons are loaded
- The Weaponbar uses pending weapon if available
- Added on-screen weapon name when switching weapons
- Fixed place tracking
- New leaderboard for FFA
- HUD widgets should now show only when they should
- Better WeaponBar ammo meter
- Fixed hud widgets when you have the redeemer in remote fly.
- Fixed some demorec related server crashes.
- Fixed scoreboard and HUD in demo playback.
- Fixed switching between players to view in demo playback.
- Download stats every time you open the stats panel, 30 second cooldown to avoid spam.
- Add sprees and multikills to stats.
- First pass TDM and CTF skill ratings.
- Fixed the "Deleted Profile" Message coming up when stats delete it's local copy.
- New Scoreboards (WIP) for all game types.
- Ready state is displayed in scoreboard before matches.
- Fixed the Spectator screen
- Fixed Red team message.
- Added localized message when you change team.
- Fixed various game messages not being displayed while dead.
- Fixed mouse sensitivity setting not being pulled from the cloud correctly.
- Fixed text chat crash.
- Added "Clear Cloud" button to make clearing out your profile easier.
- Fixed a bug where if you killed the profile, it wouldn't ever resave.
- First pass bot hiding with the flag, includes support for remembering successful hiding spots across matches.
- Fixed an issue where the AI would use the wrong path connection in rare cases.
- Improved bot use of impact hammer in combat..
- Fixed log warning spam with bots on dedicated server
- Added AI for specifically targeting superpickups (chest armor, shield belt, timed powerups, etc).
- Improved responsiveness of attacking bots in CTF returning the friendly flag when opportune.
- Fixed "navmesh needs to be rebuilt" message not showing up when level is saved without rebuilding when automatic navmesh generation is turned off.
- Changed SavedPositions back to storing multiple entries when there are multiple moves in a tick; fixed the AI divide by zero issue a different way.
- Decoupled respawn wait time and forced respawn time
- Fixed potential divide by zero in GetRewindLocation().
- Added the ability for the helmet to play a sound when it blocks a headshot.
- Don't drop boots pickup when holder is killed with zero charges (in the middle of final jump)
- Added mutator hook for match state change
- Default to waiting for players to be ready, but added an optional time limit for ready wait that defaults to 20 seconds
- Select your respawn point in Duel.
- Respawn choices is now a config option.
- Fix r.RefractionQuality for low and medium settings.
- High scorer on each team has "leader" snowman head.
- Fixed dropped pickups being spawned in the floor in some cases.
- Receive Decals=False on all pickups and pickup-bases.
- Fixed jump boot accessed none on dedicated server.
- Hub servers now pass their listen port to their instances.
- RConExec allows rcon user to run console commands
- Fixed synchronizing slide between client and server.
- Improved deciding whether to send or delay servermoves (don't delay important moves including jump, dodge, direction change).
- Revised how sending servermoves is delayed to manage bandwidth use. Can now have an arbitrary number of pending moves.
- Don't need LastSentMoveTime, just use ClientData->ClientUpdateTime.
- Now set bShotSpawned for shots caused by continuous firing.
- Replicate bShotSpawned and save it in saved positions.
- If client successfully fires right after equipping, server will also fire even if not quite done equipping when serverfire is received (no more skipped shots at end of equip).
- Fixed server not firing shots that were fired on client because reload not quite done on server.
- Mark the last saved position as where a shot the server couldn't fire synchronized was spawned so can synch firing to client position.
- Improved shot synchronization between client and server when fire button held down.
Previous Version Notes